GoPSUsports Website Gets Much Needed Redesign
All I can say is it’s about time.
GoPSUSports.com, the official website of the Penn State athletic department, underwent a much needed redesign yesterday. The new website is much more attractive than the previous attempt, and makes everything a lot easier to find.
Some of the new additions I like include:
- Social media links for each sport right next to the team name on the drop down menu (see picture). Every team has a Facebook and Twitter profile, and this feature makes it a whole lot easier to find each team’s respective account.
- A revamped schedule system. Finding sports schedules on the official website could often be tedious if games were more than a month away, at least for the non-revenue sports. Now the schedules are laid out clearly on a drop down menu, so you don’t have to go to each individual team page.
- The drop down menus actually work. Anyone who used the old website frequently always complained about how hard it was to actually click on what you want from the drop down menus. Often, the options would disappear and you’d have to hover over the text several times before being able to click.
- It just looks better. The countdown clock on the top is a cool feature, and the new story scroll on the main page is a lot easier to navigate than the old one.
- The @GoPSUsports Twitter feed is displayed right in the middle of the page.