It’s Election Day! It should be a holiday, it’s Tuesday, and your Twitter and Facebook feeds are blowing up like it is one. So to get you in the voting spirit, here are a few songs our staff has picked out to keep you up and at ’em, and to keep you sane as you wait in line for hours, as we figure out who the hell is running the country for the foreseeable future.
Jimi Hendrix — The Star-Spangled Banner
Public Enemy — Fight the Power
Bob Marley and The Wailers — Get Up, Stand Up
John Lennon — Power to the People
- Lee Greenwood — God Bless the U.S.A. (Who could forget the American flag shirt?)
- Bob Dylan — The Times, They Are A-Changin’
- Neil Diamond — America
- Stephen Lynch — America (decidedly different)
- Alice Cooper — Elected
- Bright Eyes — When the President Talks to God
- Lynyrd Skynyrd — Sweet Home Alabama
- Miley Cyrus — Party in the U.S.A.
- Jefferson Airplane — Volunteers
- Bruce Springsteen — Born in the U.S.A.
- Ray Charles — America the Beautiful
- W.G. Snuffy Walden — The West Wing Opening Theme
- Wyclef Jean — President
- Liam Lynch — United States of Whatever
- Ray Charles — Georgia On My Mind
- Julia Ward Howe — Battle Hymn of the Republic
- Team America — America, Fuck Yeah
- Creedence Clearwater Revival — Fortunate Son
- Young Jeezy feat. Nas — My President Is Black
- Elton John — Philadelphia Freedom
- Bob Dylan — Political World
Any other election songs we missed? Let us know in the comments! And go vote!