It’s homecoming weekend, so by default it is officially fall. Disregard your typical Miller Lite and summer go-to drinks — it’s time for a seasonal treat. Yes, that means apple cider, fireball, and cinnamon.
Whether you’re actually tailgating before heading into the game or just cozying up at home with your pup, this is the fall treat for you. It’s as simple as it gets, and can be prepared in mass quantity in case you’re trying to impress a tailgate full of family and friends. This drink is so refreshing, sweet, and irresistible — you’ll appeal to the classy wine moms AND the BBQ beer dads. Behold: Onward Chef’s Spiked Cider Game-Day Cocktail!
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups of apple cider
- 1/2 cup of dark rum or fireball
- 1/2 cup of cinnamon schnapps or liquor of your choice
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cut into large chunks
- lemon juice
- Cinnamon sticks
Let’s get started!
- First, mix together the cider, rum, and schnapps in a large pitcher or bowl.
2. Add the apples to a small bowl and toss them with some lemon juice.
3. Pour the spiked cider into glasses filled with ice, then garnish with apples. If you’re feeling fancy you can thread them on skewers, but we just dumped ’em in.
4. Finally, add in a cinnamon stick or two for flavor and more of that lovely fall aesthetic. Feel free to sprinkle in ground cinnamon or nutmeg as well if you’re craving more of that beloved fall flavor.
Ta-Da! You’ve got the perfect homecoming cocktail. Now all you need is a cozy flannel (creating the perfect autumn backdrop is up to you, though).
Happy homecoming, cheers!