Penn State, the Borough of State College, and Centre County will host their annual Military Appreciation Week from Friday, November 3 to Sunday, November 12.
Military Appreciation Week is comprised of daily events on campus and downtown. This year, the week will run in conjunction with Homecoming and will culminate in Penn State’s home game against Rutgers on Veterans’ Day.
Two guest lecturers, James Clapper and Adam Hartswick, will speak to students about their experiences in combat during the week. Clapper will speak on Monday, November 6 in the Katz Building and Hartswick will speak two days later in Foster Auditorium in Paterno Library.
Vietnam veterans from the State College area will be honored at a luncheon at Hintz Family Alumni Center on Thursday, November 2 at noon. Both student veterans and active duty personnel are invited.
Here is a full list of the Military Appreciation Week events:
Thursday, November 2
- Welcome Home Vietnam Veteran Luncheon — 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Hintz Family Alumni Center
Friday, November 3
- Military Appreciation First Friday — Downtown State College
- Diverse Veteran Voices talk — 5:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the Municipal Building
Monday, November 6
- Guest Lecture by James Clapper — 5:30 p.m. at Sutliff Auditorium in Katz Building
Wednesday, November 8
- Guest Lecture by Adam Hartswick — 11 a.m. at Foster Auditorium in Paterno Library
Friday, November 10
- Penn State Veterans Day Ceremony — 11 a.m. on Old Main steps
Saturday, November 11
- Military Appreciation Tailgate — Bryce Jordan Center prior to noon kickoff of Rutgers game
Sunday, November 12
- Freedom 5k for PTSD — 11 a.m. beginning at the Westgate Building