THON ON After You Graduate: Top 10 Ways to Stay Involved FTK
Graduation is exciting… but it’s also bittersweet. Plenty of excitement is waiting for you, but you know you’ll miss a lot of things, including the largest student-run philanthropy in the world. Even though you have to drop your “student” title, your support for THON doesn’t end when you get your diploma. In fact, you can use your diploma as one way get active right away (check out #5 below). To help you figure out what to do next to keep your THON involvement going…check out these top ten ways to get active in DMAIG.
1. The easiest, and the most rewarding: Register for free membership in the group by filling out our quick form.
2. Take the next step by choosing a specific area where you’d like to get involved. (You’ll find alumni dancing in the list of opportunities!)
3. Apply your on-campus THON experience at a local mini-THON near you.
4. Turn your dancing shoes into running shoes and learn about the latest developments for Hope Express: 135 miles in 24 hours FTK.
5. Take part in our promotion with Old Main Frame Shop: Enter the code “DMAIG” upon checkout and you can frame your diploma and raise funds at the same time!
6. Click for updates from our Twitter feed, Facebook page, and LinkedIn group.
7. Get involved with our nationwide regional events by starting an event or bookmarking our calendar so you can find upcoming events near you.
8. Get your gear! Find alumni-specific merchandise here.
9. When you join the Alumni Association, join as part of the Real Life program. Your membership fee won’t change, but if you add our three-letter code “IAF” when joining,, you’ll help raise funds for DMAIG and THON.
10. Clean out your dorm, apartment, or house and donate your used Xbox 360 games through the Alumni Give Back program.
Making the transition from “senior” to “alumnus” is rarely easy. But getting active in DMAIG will at least make it easier to keep THON in your life! Check out dmaig.org today to learn more and get in touch. And, keep an eye out for canners in the fall!