Incoming Penn State Football Players Receive Jersey Numbers
It’s unclear what exactly the 2020 season will look like, but the newest members of the Penn State football team still managed to receive their jersey numbers Saturday morning.
James Franklin brought in 27 players to his 2020 recruiting class, 11 of whom enrolled early and would’ve practiced with the team during spring ball. While those players already found out their digits in March, 16 other new Nittany Lions have joined the team during summer workouts.
One of the biggest names in Penn State’s new crop of players is Curtis Jacobs. The four-star outside linebacker from Maryland will rock No. 23, and is currently the only player on the roster set to wear the classic number made famous by Michael Jordan.
Several other star defensive recruits received their numbers, including defensive end Zuriah Fisher (No. 36), defensive end Brandon Taylor (No. 41), and defensive tackle Amin Vanover (No. 56).
Wide receiver Parker Washington was one of the headliners of Penn State’s recruits on the offensive side of the ball. The dominant wide receiver from Texas is set to wear No. 18, the same number as former star Nittany Lion tight end Jesse James. Washington enjoyed a dominant high school career in Richmond, Texas in which he hauled in 159 catches for 2,821 yards and 40 total scores.
Three-star quarterback Micah Bowens will don Tommy Stevens’ old digit in No. 2. Bowens was the only signal-caller to join Penn State’s 2020 class. He had an impressive career at Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, as he received a total of 13 offers from schools around the nation. While he likely won’t see much of the field during his first season in Happy Valley, there’s plenty of excitement surrounding Penn State’s newest quarterback.
Outside of recruits, a few other new Nittany Lions received numbers on Saturday. Running back Tank Smith, who transferred to Penn State from Saint Francis University, will wear No. 38.
Along with the new numbers, several number changes were announced. Safety Jaquan Brisker will now wear No. 1, wide receiver Cam Sullivan-Brown No. 6, and punter Bradley King No. 93, among others.
Here’s a full list of jersey numbers for all incoming Penn State football players:
- No. 2: Micah Bowens (quarterback)
- No. 13: KeAndre Lambert-Smith (wide receiver)
- No. 15: Enzo Jennings (safety)
- No. 16: Ji’Ayir Brown (safety)
- No. 17: Joseph Johnson III (cornerback)
- No. 18: Parker Washington (wide receiver)
- No. 19: Jaden Dottin (wide receiver)
- No. 24: Keyvone Lee (running back)
- No. 26: Caziah Holmes (running back)
- No. 33: Bryce Mostella (defensive end)
- No. 36: Zuriah Fisher (defensive end)
- No. 38: Tank Smith (running back)
- No. 41: Brandon Taylor (defensive end)
- No. 43: Tyler Eldson (linebacker)
- No. 44: Tyler Warren (tight end)
- No. 51: Jimmy Christ (offensive tackle)
- No. 54: Fatorma Mulbah (defensive tackle)
- No. 56: Amin Vanover (defensive end)
- No. 57: Ibrahim Traore (offensive tackle)
- No. 66: Nick Dawkins (offensive tackle)
- No. 74 Olu Fashanu (offensive tackle)
- No. 78: Golden Israel-Achumba (offensive guard)
- No. 80: Malick Meiga (wide receiver)
- No. 84: Theo Johnson (tight end)
- No. 88: Norval Black (wide receiver)
- No. 95: Cole Brevard (defensive tackle)
- No. 99: Coziah Izzard (defensive tackle)
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Onward State is hiring for the upcoming semester and looking for new folks to join our team and help tell the Penn State story.
The agreement asks students to ultimately accept liability of potentially contracting the coronavirus on campus.
Send this to a friend