Why Iowa Sucks
Iowa is a desolate place, where hopes and dreams go to die, sucked into a black hole of desolation. You, my lucky compadre, may not have had the misfortune of venturing into this abyss; in fact, you may harbor the deep resentment of one who has lost part of their soul in Iowa. Tread in ignorance no longer, for I will guide you through a quick informative list:
- Have you ever driven past a farm and smelled it, and couldn’t wait for that smell to go away? Imagine that lasting an entire state.
- Have you ever driven near an Iowan driver and lived to tell the tale? You’re one among a handful.
- Holy shit is that state boring.
- Iowans don’t even acknowledge this. They compare Iowa (favorably) to New York City.
- Iowa was one of the first states to support same-sex marriage. The judges involved in that decision were promptly removed from their post, and subsequent polling reveals that most people do not support same-sex marriage.
- Iowa is an anomaly to any preconceived notions regarding midwesterners and “nice”.
- Just read this article, and the warm reception the writer received.
- 2008 football.
- 2008-09 basketball.
- It floods every year. Coincidence?
- Aforementioned flooding costs US taxpayers billions of dollars in federal aid
- They may claim to be Americans, but considering that corn is driving up obesity in America, they’re closer to terrorists.
- It’s not a lake…yet.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
3/20 Coalition chair Tierra Williams provides perspective on the borough’s removal of a downtown memorial dedicated to Black men and women killed by police.
“I just wanted to take a quick moment to say that I’m gay. I’ve been meaning to do this for awhile now, but I finally feel comfortable enough to get it off my chest.”
The Buffalo Bills could reportedly soon call Beaver Stadium home for a year if plans for a new stadium keep lagging.
Send this to a friend