Fundraisers, Bowling, and a Canning Weekend
Now that THON is only 32 days away, events raising money and awareness For The Kids are in full swing! Here at Onward State we are going to try our best to keep you up to date and in the loop with everything so you don’t miss out!
Tuesday, January 18th: THON Bowling.
- Bowling: From 6pm – midnight bring your friends to the Northland Bowl & Recreation Center to support the philanthropy at an event where three strikes will not get you out. Reservations for a lane can be made in the THON office and will last 30 mins for teams of 6. It costs $21 for the whole group, plus an additional $1.50 per person for shoe rentals. There will also be lanes available for those who did not pre-register.
- Raffle Ticket Sales: Starting Tuesday the Supply Logistics Captains will be in the HUB on the first floor selling raffle tickets every Monday-Thursday until Febuary 10th. Come out between 10am-3pm to purchase your tickets for $5 a piece and enter to win awesome prizes such as a 2010 Suzuki Kizachi, a trip to Europe, and a new Dell laptop! Raffle ticket sales can be credited to your organization or an independent dancer couple until Monday February 14th. Don’t miss this easy chance to raise money for your org.
- Dancer Mail Collection Begins: starting Tuesday drop off your letters, cards, and packages for people you know dancing in THON 2011 in rooms 324 and 327 in the HUB. Include inspiration quotes, sudoku’s, word puzzles, etc. to keep your friends engaged during the 46 hours. Don’t forget to make Kids Mail as well to brighten the day of the children visiting THON weekend!
Wednesday, January 19th
- Cold Stone Scoops FTK: From 5pm – 10pm stop by Cold Stone to get served by the Hospitality Captains and Overalls. A percentage of the night’s sales will go towards THON.
Thursday, January 20th
- Merch Sale: Stop by the Merch table on the first floor of the HUB to grab the latest THON gear including 2011 logo apparell, car stickers, 4 Diamonds necklaces and more! Can’t make it? Check out the online THON store or look out for more sales in the HUB coming soon.
- 4 Diamonds Movie: Come out to the HUB auditorium at 9pm for a chance to see The Four Diamonds, a film produced by Disney in 1995 that tells the story The Four Diamonds Fund. This is an inspiring movie about Christopher Millard’s battle with pediatric cancer, and a story he wrote about a knight fighting evil to gain the four diamonds of courage, wisdom, honor, and strength. Get there early as THON volunteers and enthusiasts have been known to start forming a line as early as 7pm!
Friday, January 21st
- 3rd Canning Weekend
- Wigs For Kids: THON is looking for both hair stylists and donors to help with the year round effort to provide wigs to kids facing hair loss as a side effect of their battle with cancer. Applications to donate must be turned in by Friday, January 21st at 5pm. Questions? Email [email protected]
- Blood Drives: For every blood drive between now and THON weekend. When signing in at the front table, make sure you credit your organization or independent dancer couple. The American Red Cross will donate $4 for every presenting donor.
- 4DRE: Raise money while helping the planet by participating in the Four Diamonds Recycling Effort. Collect uncrushed aluminum cans and plastic bottles, separate the two into bags provided in 210 HUB, and drop the bags off at any of the 5 collection locations on campus. Label each bag with your organization for a chance to win prizes.
If I missed anything I apologize but feel free to contribute information about any other events in the comments section!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Be sure to follow @THONwardState, @OnwardState, and our Facebook Page for up-to-the-second coverage of everything going on inside the Bryce Jordan Center all weekend long.
Four Diamonds publishes an annual financial report detailing its finances. Well, sort of.
Send this to a friend