Emotions, Excitement Abound During Penn State-Nebraska Game
The fans packed Beaver Stadium. The student-organized “Blue-Out” was a success. There were emotional moments, as well as exciting moments as Penn State took on Nebraska on Saturday afternoon. Here is a recap of some of the best/most touching moments after one half of play today.
Probably the most touching moment during pre-game was when both teams knelt together at midfield prior to the coin toss. Nebraska assistant coach Ron Brown led the teams in prayer.
- Students started arriving early for today’s game. Nearly two hours before kickoff, students started to file into the stadium.
- One of the biggest crowds ever was outside the stadium to support the Nittany Lions as they got off the bus.
- Every time a new unit entered the field for warm-ups, they were greeted with a huge round of applause.
- When Tom Bradley entered the field for the first time, he shook hands with students sitting in the first row.
- Amid the excitement, there were somber overtones. Many fans were tearing up before the game started.
- There was a moment of silence for all victims of sexual abuse.
- As the Blue Band played the alma mater, fans sang quite loudly–especially the line, “May no act of ours bring shame.”
- Fans were extremely loud during the game, especially when Nebraska was on offense
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Students once approved a Wally Triplett statue that Penn State’s bureaucracy prevented from ever coming to fruition.
Rednor is current a junior and the president of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority.
Send this to a friend