Emotions, Excitement Abound During Penn State-Nebraska Game
The fans packed Beaver Stadium. The student-organized “Blue-Out” was a success. There were emotional moments, as well as exciting moments as Penn State took on Nebraska on Saturday afternoon. Here is a recap of some of the best/most touching moments after one half of play today.
Probably the most touching moment during pre-game was when both teams knelt together at midfield prior to the coin toss. Nebraska assistant coach Ron Brown led the teams in prayer.
- Students started arriving early for today’s game. Nearly two hours before kickoff, students started to file into the stadium.
- One of the biggest crowds ever was outside the stadium to support the Nittany Lions as they got off the bus.
- Every time a new unit entered the field for warm-ups, they were greeted with a huge round of applause.
- When Tom Bradley entered the field for the first time, he shook hands with students sitting in the first row.
- Amid the excitement, there were somber overtones. Many fans were tearing up before the game started.
- There was a moment of silence for all victims of sexual abuse.
- As the Blue Band played the alma mater, fans sang quite loudly–especially the line, “May no act of ours bring shame.”
- Fans were extremely loud during the game, especially when Nebraska was on offense
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Is losing three recruits in less than a week weird? Absolutely. Should you be freaking out about the long-term health of Penn State’s ability to recruit?…Probably not.
Running backs coach Ja’Juan Seider has been impressed by the little things Journey Brown has focused on throughout the offseason.
Send this to a friend