Emotions, Excitement Abound During Penn State-Nebraska Game
The fans packed Beaver Stadium. The student-organized “Blue-Out” was a success. There were emotional moments, as well as exciting moments as Penn State took on Nebraska on Saturday afternoon. Here is a recap of some of the best/most touching moments after one half of play today.
Probably the most touching moment during pre-game was when both teams knelt together at midfield prior to the coin toss. Nebraska assistant coach Ron Brown led the teams in prayer.
- Students started arriving early for today’s game. Nearly two hours before kickoff, students started to file into the stadium.
- One of the biggest crowds ever was outside the stadium to support the Nittany Lions as they got off the bus.
- Every time a new unit entered the field for warm-ups, they were greeted with a huge round of applause.
- When Tom Bradley entered the field for the first time, he shook hands with students sitting in the first row.
- Amid the excitement, there were somber overtones. Many fans were tearing up before the game started.
- There was a moment of silence for all victims of sexual abuse.
- As the Blue Band played the alma mater, fans sang quite loudly–especially the line, “May no act of ours bring shame.”
- Fans were extremely loud during the game, especially when Nebraska was on offense
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers? More importantly –do ya like having fun? Believe it or not, it’s that time again. Onward State is hiring for the spring semester and we’d […]
The report outlines 31 instances of hazing university-wide that occurred between 2013 and 2019, including dates, a general description, and details of the sanctions levied.
Send this to a friend