College GOP’s “Truth Week” Starts Today
It looks like Christmas came two months early this year, Penn State.
The College Republican’s “Truth Week” kicks off today with an impressive lineup of conservative minded leaders set to speak on campus to generate political buzz for the upcoming election.
Here’s the daily lineup of right-wing goodness:
- Monday, October 15, Stephen Moore (119 Osmond, 8 p.m.): Moore is a popular economist and Fox News contributor. He is also an editor for both the National Review and the Wall Street Journal. His speech will center around taxes related to “Obamacare.”
- Tuesday, October 16, Burt Folsom (111 Wartik, 7 p.m.): Folsom is an American historian and author of the book The Myth of Robber Barons. Folsom will discuss the industrial captains of 19th century America.
- Wednesday, October 17, Herman Cain (State Theatre, 6 p.m.): Here’s the event that has everyone excited — the “cat’s meow” of GOP Truth Week, if you will. “The Godfather” himself will be appearing at the State Theatre, along with a live band and copious amounts of alcohol available for purchase. Tickets are free, and you can reserve them on Hermie’s website. Music, beer, and Herman Cain. I love America.
- Thursday, October 18, Ann Coulter (121 Sparks, 8 p.m.): Conservative pundit and author Ann Coulter is coming to town, still riding the wave of her latest New York Times bestseller Mugged, which accuses people other than her of being racist. Given Coulter’s general unpleasantness, a protest has already been planned with the exact location of “Wherever Ann Coulter is appearing on campus.” What a calamity!
- Friday, October 19, Rally for Victory (Old Main Lawn, 6 p.m.): After you wash down your Herman Cain with a big glass of Ann Coulter, come out to an Old Main rally to digest the wealth of knowledge thrown your way and help mobilize the GOP for November. Pennsylvania is still very much in play, with President Obama currently sitting on a shrinking 4-5 point lead in most polls.