Help Stand Up to Sexual Violence
Sexual violence is no stranger to college campuses around the United States, and Penn State is no exception. Last week, the Sexual Violence Awareness group released its events for the week of Saturday, April 6 through Friday, April 12. Penn State, along with the Centre County community, will aim to generate an even greater awareness for sexual violence and to educate the community on recognizing and preventing sexual crimes in State College.
The Sexual Violence Awareness Week 2013 schedule is as follows:
- April 6, Saturday — 4k and 6k hosted by One Heart Campaign
- April 8, Monday — Unreported student documentary screening with discussion panel
- April 9, Tuesday — Expression and Healing Gallery in which different art forms will be on display
- April 10, Wednesday — Toiletry drive to benefit Stormbreak (Local youth runaway shelter), Encourage community to attend Lambda Theta Alpha’s “Take Back the Night”
- April 11, Thursday — Walk A Mile in Her Shoes funded by the Center for Women Students and planned by Men Against Violence and Triota, Boys and Men Healing documentary screening with discussion
- April 12, Friday — Rock Against Rape (Battle of the bands to raise money for Centre County Women’s Resource Center and 1 in 6)
Although these events are mostly funded by the UPUA, Sexual Violence Awareness is still looking for donations and volunteers to ensure that the events throughout the week go off without a hitch. They are looking for people to help donate high heels for men who participate in the “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes” event, purchase banners for pledging for consent, balloons for on campus, pamphlets, and to help with staging and the sound system for the Rock Against Rape event. Any left over funding will be donated to the Centre County Women’s Resource Center and 1 in 6.
If you are interested in donation or volunteering, check out the Sexual Violence Awareness Week 2013 website here.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“Holy crap, it’s been 10 years? I’m old as hell!!”
Here’s everything you need to know — including media information, the weather, and injury updates — for Saturday’s game.
Send this to a friend