Players Vote Beaver Stadium as Toughest B1G Stadium
Penn Staters certainly think Beaver Stadium is an intimidating force, but how does the rest of the country see it? It turns out we might actually be as loud as we think we are.
In an anonymous Big Ten Network survey conducted with one player from every team at media day in Chicago, Beaver Stadium received the most votes for the “toughest B1G venue” category. Four of the 11 possible players voted for Beaver Stadium (players couldn’t vote for their own team), with Iowa’s Kinnick Stadium and Ohio State’s Ohio Stadium as the only other venues receiving more than one vote.
Here’s what the players had to say about Beaver Stadium acoustics:
- “When they have that White Out, it feels like it’s you against the world. It’s so hard to hear there.”
- “Just the noise. It’s such a tall stadium, it’s really intimidating.”
- “I’ve never heard a stadium that loud.”
- “That’s probably the loudest stadium I’ve played in.”
Players also picked Penn State as their favorite B1G uniform, with the Nittany Lions receiving four votes in that category as well. Michigan State and Ohio State each received two votes each.
- “Nothing against the Oregons and stuff like that, but there’s nothing like a traditional, classic college football jersey like Penn State’s.”
- “I’m a sucker for nostalgia. I like simplicity. Something clean about the all-white. I just like the formality.”
For more surveys and a complete breakdown, check out the Big Ten Network’s survey.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Be sure to follow @THONwardState, @OnwardState, and our Facebook Page for up-to-the-second coverage of everything going on inside the Bryce Jordan Center all weekend long.
The first-ever White Out crowd for a Pep Rally witnessed the gymnasts destroy the football team in the final round of the competition.
Send this to a friend