October 2013 THON Fundraisers
Earlier this week we asked readers to fill us in on their upcoming THON fundraisers. Here is your guide to making your October as FTK as possible, which will be updated as events are submitted.
- The Penn State Blue Band, Baritone Awareness Week 2013: The Blue Band baritone section will donate $0.05 to THON for every person who clicks “Attending” on the Baritone Awareness Week 2013 Facebook event page. The final donation number will be calculated based on the number of people attending by October 12th at 11:59 p.m. Visit the Facebook page here.
- Ohana, Bake Sale and Lemonade Sale Benefiting THON, 5 p.m.-8 p.m., in front of the Diner: Standing around and watching the Homecoming Parade can build up an appetite. Come to Ohana’s Bake Sale outside The Diner on West College Ave for some delicious baked goods and homemade lemonade. Everything costs $1-2 and all of the proceeds benefit THON.
- The Hope Express, Bake Sale, 8:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m., in front of the Student Bookstore: The Hope Express is having a bake sale to raise money for THON after the Homecoming game this weekend. They’ll have a variety of delicious homemade treats. For more info on the Hope Express, visit their website or the event page here.
- PSU Fitness Instructors, Fitness FTK, dates and times vary: Fitness FTK is a fundraiser designed to give your club, committee, organization, or group of friends a personal, fun, and effective workout. Your group can choose from the following: Cycling, Power Remix, Zumba, Boot Camp, Step, Pilates, Yoga, Kickboxing or Calorie Killer — no gym membership required. Suggested value is $50 per class or $3 per person. If interested, please email [email protected] with dates and times you would like to workout FTK, or visit the Facebook page here.
- Sapphire Leadership Program, ManiCURE, October 14-17, 2-8 p.m., HUB: Get a maniCURE this week for $5! We will polish up your nails from 2-8 in the HUB (right next to Starbucks!). You can get any design you want on your nails, even your sorority letters or ORG symbol!
- Innoblue, 1000 Pitches, online: Innoblue will donate to THON in your organization’s name if your members go on and make a 60 second video on 1000pitches.com, pitching any idea they have (a business idea, an idea for social change, etc.). All your members have to do is mention your organization during the quick signup process. For each threshold your organization meets, the amount we donate per pitch in your organizations name goes up, FTK. For more information you can visit the website here.
- College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, Pizza Sale benefiting THON, 11 a.m.-3p.m., Deike and Walker Building: Stop by Deike or Walker Building to grab a slice of pizza FTK! There will be Papa Johns pizza served for $2 a slice or for $4 you can get a meal deal (2 slices and a drink).
- APOLLO, APOLLO Benefiting THON Bake Sale, 5 p.m.-10 p.m., Corner Room: Great baked goods, even better people selling them to you.
- Public Relations Student Society of America, Cold Stone Fundraiser Benefitting THON, 5 p.m-9 p.m., Cold Stone Creamery: Love ice cream and THON? Then stop by Cold Stone Creamery from 5-9 p.m. on Oct. 17. Penn State PRSSA will scoop your ice cream, the Whitehead family will be there, and the more people attend, the more we raise FTK! For more information you can visit the Facebook page here.
- HEAL, Temporary Tattoos Benefitting THON, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., HUB: HEAL will be selling gold ribbon temporary tattoos for pediatric cancer awareness. Tattoos will be $1 a piece. For more information you can visit their Facebook page here.
- School of Hospitality Management, Fresh Harvest Kafe Benefiting SHM THON, 4 p.m.-7 p.m., 421 E Beaver Ave St G1, State College: 15% of ALL sales that come in will go to fighting pediatric cancer! For more information you can visit the Facebook event here.
- RAM Squad, For The Heroes benefiting THON, 12 p.m.-2:30 p.m., Alumni Hall: For The Heroes benefiting THON, or FTH for short, provides kids with a chance to learn (simple) choreographed dances from members of our very own organization, RAM Squad. They will also get their faces painted, make capes, and participate in several other fun activities. The event has been organized to run the same weekend as the THON FT5K, making it convenient for you, local families, and Four Diamonds families. This event will be free of charge for every family. There will be a $3 charge for Penn State students who come to support their THON children and local children. You can visit the Facebook event page here.
**If you would still like to submit your org’s fundraiser, you can do so using this form.