32 to Appear on 2014 Board of Trustees Ballot
The ballot positions and names of the 32 candidates for the Penn State Board of Trustees alumni election were announced earlier today at a small “casting of lots” meeting at the Nittany Lion Inn.
The 32-member ballot is the third most crowded in history, behind only 2013 (39 candidates) and 2012 (86 candidates). Voting begins on April 10 (alumni need to request a ballot), and the three winners will be announced at the May 9 meeting.
Of note, current trustee Marianne Alexander is not seeking reelection. The other two incumbents, Joel Myers and Jesse Arnelle, are both running for reelection.
Here are this year’s candidates:
1. Ted J. Sebastianelli, ’69, Bus, retired military, State College, Pa.
2. Ned Rauch-Mannino, ’10, Agr, government relations specialist, Ridge Policy Group, Washington, D.C.
3. Daniel N. Cocco, ’08, Com, consultant, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, New York, NY
4. Gavin Keirans, ’10, Bus, strategy consultant manager, Philadelphia, Pa.
5. Ryan Bagwell, ’02, A&A, Com, web developer, Middleton, Wis.
6. Robert G. Milnes, III, ’02, Eng, senior engineer, Westinghouse Electric Co., Sewickley, Pa.
7. Jason P. Kutulakis, ’91, ’94 JD, Lib, LAW, senior partner, Abom & Kutulakis, L.L.P., Carlisle, Pa.
8. George A. Weigand, ’69, Edu, retired educator, State College, Pa.
9. Amy L. Williams, ’80, H&HD, managing director, SageWorks Rx, Wayne, Pa.
10. Joshua D. Fulmer, ’01, Lib, partner, Lauer & Fulmer, P.C., Easton, Pa.
11. Edward J. Kabala, ’64, Bus, attorney at law, Fox Rothschild, LLP, Philadelphia, Pa.
12. Joel N. Myers, ’61, ’63g, ’71g, EMS, founder, president and chairman of the board, AccuWeather Inc., State College, Pa.
13. Ricardo Azziz, ’81, MED, president, Georgia Regents University; CEO, Georgia Regents Health System, Augusta, Ga.
14. Jennifer E. Bird-Pollan, ’99, Lib, assistant professor of law, University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, KY
15. John J. Graham, Jr., ’99, Lib, general counsel, Great Valley Publishing Co., Philadelphia, Pa.
16. Vincent J. “V.J.” Tedecso, III, ’86, ’95g, Lib, retired U.S. Army officer/defense industry consultant, Alexandria, Va.
17. Laurie Anne Stanell, ’80, Sci, dentist, Holicong, Pa.
18. Julie Harris McHugh, ’86, Bus, retired biopharmaceutical executive, active director on public and private company boards, Ambler, Pa.
19. Christine Stempka Rhoads, ’99, Com, full-time mother and volunteer, Lancaster, Pa.
20. H. Jesse Arnelle, ’55, ’62 JD, Lib, LAW, attorney, San Francisco, Calif.
21. Matthew W. Schuyler, ’87, Bus, chief HR officer, Hilton Worldwide, McLean, Va.
22. Albert L. Lord, ’67, Bus, investor, advisor; former chairman and CEO, Sallie Mae, Washington, D.C.
23. Keith Bierly, ’77, Lib, owner, Twin Avenues Consulting & Forefathers Book Shop, Rebersburg, Pa.
24. R. Seth Williams, ’89, Lib, district attorney, city of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pa.
25. Robert J. Bowsher, ’86, Bus, writer and accountant, San Diego, Calif.
26. Rudolph Karl Glocker, ’91, ’93g, Lib, managing partner, Pediped Footwear, Henderson, Nev.
27. Alice W. Pope, ’79, ’83g, ’86g, Lib, associate professor of psychology, St. John’s University, Brooklyn, NY
28. Robert C. Jubelirer, ’59, ’62 JD, Lib, LAW, partner and chair of government relations practice, Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell and Hippel LLP, Boalsburg, Pa.
29. Brian M. Rutter, ’03, Bus, vice president of operations, ICAT Logistics MDT Office, Boalsburg, Pa.
30. Allen L. Soyster, ’65, Eng, professor of industrial engineering, Northeastern University, Boston Mass, Philipsburg, Pa.
31. Robert Hooper, ’79, H&HD, member, Vermont Pension Investment Committee, Burlington, Vt.
32. Art Greenwald, ’76, Lib, freelance writer/journalist, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
James Franklin is here to stay.
ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg reported that Rahne is “in the mix” for the head coaching job at Old Dominion, which was left vacant by Bobby Wilder’s resignation on December 2.
Send this to a friend