2014 Sorority Recruitment Schedule
As of 5 p.m. on August 29, sorority recruitment signups ended. However, if you’ve already signed up (and joined the record-breaking number of girls going through recruitment)here is the schedule and all the information you need for a successful formal recruitment.
Orientation (your day was sent out in an email):
- Thursday, September 4 at 6:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 5 at 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 7 at 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, September 8 at 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 9 at 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 10 at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 11 at 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 12 at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 13 at 11:00 a.m.
- Sunday, September 14 at 12:00 pm
- Monday, September 15 at 5:30 p.m.
Here are some overall tips for surviving formal recruitment:
- Do not wear watches or bring your cell phone into the suites. Avoid bringing your phone at all if you can.
- Keep an umbrella and a pair of flats in your bag.
- Bring deodorant, a hairbrush, and makeup to touch up in between rounds.
- Since you can’t chew gum, bring breath mints to refresh.
- Make sure you eat something before the rounds start, as there is limited time to eat once the night starts.
For more information, visit the recruitment page of the Penn State Panhellenic Council’s website. Good luck to everyone starting recruitment!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Garcia is the first known Penn State student to die after contracting the virus.
“We really have no other choice but to put on a smile on our face and kind of just roll with the punches.”
Send this to a friend