2014 Sorority Recruitment Schedule
As of 5 p.m. on August 29, sorority recruitment signups ended. However, if you’ve already signed up (and joined the record-breaking number of girls going through recruitment)here is the schedule and all the information you need for a successful formal recruitment.
Orientation (your day was sent out in an email):
- Thursday, September 4 at 6:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 5 at 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 7 at 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, September 8 at 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 9 at 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 10 at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 11 at 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 12 at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 13 at 11:00 a.m.
- Sunday, September 14 at 12:00 pm
- Monday, September 15 at 5:30 p.m.
Here are some overall tips for surviving formal recruitment:
- Do not wear watches or bring your cell phone into the suites. Avoid bringing your phone at all if you can.
- Keep an umbrella and a pair of flats in your bag.
- Bring deodorant, a hairbrush, and makeup to touch up in between rounds.
- Since you can’t chew gum, bring breath mints to refresh.
- Make sure you eat something before the rounds start, as there is limited time to eat once the night starts.
For more information, visit the recruitment page of the Penn State Panhellenic Council’s website. Good luck to everyone starting recruitment!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers? More importantly –do ya like having fun? Believe it or not, it’s that time again. Onward State is hiring for the spring semester and we’d […]
If you and your family are entering your last spring semester with a lot less coordination, there are some still some limited but available options for graduation day accommodations.
Send this to a friend