PSU news by
Penn State's student blog

Topics

More

Leah Still Has Successful Surgery

Awesome news came yesterday from Instagram — Devon Still’s daughter, Leah, had a successful surgery to remove a tumor in her right adrenal gland.

Leah Still, age four, was diagnosed with neuroblastoma June 2. After receiving widespread support from organizations ranging from the Cincinnati Bengals to McLanahan’s, Leah’s procedure of almost six hours went well. It’s a beautiful new chapter in an inspiring story. From Devon Still’s Instagram:

“After a 5hr 50min surgery the surgeon was able to remove ALL of her tumor and all of her lymph nodes and her right adrenal gland where it all started from…best news I’ve received in a long time #PrayForLeah #GodIsGood #ThanksForYourSupport”
“Oh how I’ve missed these metal cots”

 

Maybe Devon Still’s awesome pump-up talk had something to do with the success?

Here’s hoping more good news is on the way. #PrayForLeah.

Your ad blocker is on.

Please choose an option below.

Sign up for our e-mail newsletter:
OR
Support quality journalism:
Purchase a Subscription!

About the Author

Doug Leeson

Doug is a sophomore and Onward State's Assistant Managing Editor. Dislikes: popcorn, Rutgers, and a low #TimberCount. Likes: "Frozen," Rec Hall, and you. Contact him via email at [email protected] or on Twitter @DougLeeson.

Comments

Other posts by Doug

Freshman 101: How To Buy Football Tickets

Tickets go on sale for graduate students on Monday, June 18, followed by seniors on Tuesday, juniors on Wednesday, sophomores on Thursday, and freshmen on Friday.

Pork State: Meet Sir Remington, State College’s Most Interesting Pet

Report: James Franklin Is Only Mildly Excited For This Opportunity

HiWay Pizza To Reopen Downtown After Closing Of Inferno

“All things old are often new again and so now has come the time for Inferno to take a bow and allow HiWay Pizza Pub to once again carry our pizza banner downtown.”

Lightning Strike Caused Fire At Student Apartment Complex

A lightning strike was the cause of a fire on Sunday at a Patton Township apartment complex, according to Centre Region fire officials.

Send this to a friend