Penn State’s Coming Out Week Schedule Announced
To celebrate National Coming Out Day, which was on October 11, Penn State is hosting an entire Coming Out Week. The event, which runs from October 12 to October 15, is an annual event to raise awareness and support for the LGBTQA community. This year’s schedule includes appearances by famous members of the LGBTQA community, such as Todrick Hall, April Haynes, Peaches Christ, and Lea Delaria, as well as a discussion titled, “Is Faith Straight?” Check out the lineup:
Monday, Oct. 12
- HUB Takeover — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the HUB-Robeson Center
- Todrick Hall — 9 p.m., Freeman Auditorium, HUB-Robeson Center
Tuesday, Oct. 13
- LGBT Lecture Series: April Haynes — 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m., 129B HUB-Robeson Center
- Peaches Christ — 7 p.m., Freeman Auditorium, HUB-Robeson Center. Underground drag performer and Penn State graduate Peaches Christ will return to campus to host a lecture.
Wednesday, Oct. 14
- Pride Rally — 12 p.m., Old Main
- Lea DeLaria — 7 p.m., Alumni Hall, HUB-Robeson Center. Following in her costar’s footsteps, “Orange Is the New Black” star Lea DeLaria (who plays “Big Boo” on the show) will speak on Wednesday about being the first openly gay television comedian in America.
Thursday, Oct. 15
- Discussion: Is Faith Straight? — 6 p.m., 233 HUB-Robeson Center. Co-hosted by the Center for Spiritual & Ethical Development and the LGBTQA Student Resource Center, panelists for this event will include students and spiritual leaders across faith traditions and will focus on the intersection of faith/spirituality and gender/sexual identity.
While all the activities are free with a Penn State ID, space may be limited for some events and entrance will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.