Celebrate Penn State Spirit During PS i(heart)U Week
It’s about that time of year: the semester is quickly coming to an end, the weather is (hopefully) beginning to warm up, and alumni are coming back to town for the Blue-White game. In the midst of all these great events, the Blue and White Society takes the time to stop and appreciate all the great things about Penn State. The Blue and White Society will host its third annual PS i(heart)U week from April 11-15 to “highlight university spirit; unite students, alumni, faculty, staff and fans; and celebrate all that makes Penn State great.”
Each morning, pop-up tents will be placed in different locations around campus from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., followed by a “day event” that takes place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and a “night event” from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The schedule of events is as follows:
- Monday, April 11: The pop-up tent will be located on the HUB back patio. Following this, there will be a HUB takeover for the day event featuring games and free giveaways. The evening event will feature comedian Joe Machi, a Penn State alumnus and State College native, in 100 Thomas.
- Tuesday, April 12: The pop-up tent will be located on the Life Sciences Bridge. The day event on will take place in the HUB, where the Blue and White society will host World Cultural Day, which includes a variety of speakers, performers, and tables hosted by cultural organizations. Tuesday night’s activity is an Alumni Speaker Panel that will take place at the Hintz Family Alumni Center — speakers include Carlton Langley, Nuria Padro and Alex Yin.
- Wednesday, April 13: The pop-up tent will be located in front of the IST Building. The day event is a chance to take a tour of the Old Main Bell Tower. Lion Ambassadors will host an Old Main pen house that includes a cake cutting with the new CEO of the Penn State Alumni Association Paul Clifford at 1 p.m. Wednesday night. My Zero Hero — a THON fan favorite — will perform from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., though the location is yet to be determined.
- Thursday, April 14: The pop-up tent will be located on the HUB lawn, followed by a carnival in the same location. The night event will be Go Go Gadjet on the Human Health and Development patio.
- Friday, April 15: The final day of PS i(heart)U week only consists of night events — “Star Wars Under the Stars” on the HUB lawn. The Blue and White Society in association with ARHS will show “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” for free multiple times throughout the weekend. Attendees should bring their own seating.
Misha Demchuk, the director of activities for the Blue and White society, told Penn State News, “This is the biggest PS i(heart)U week has ever been because we aimed to incorporate all aspects of Penn State. We want to celebrate what Penn State uniquely means to each individual of our community, including the alumni. Through tradition and innovation, we want to foster a relationship with Dear Old State, and PS i(heart)U Week is one way that we can do this.”
All events are free and open to the public. Penn State students, faculty, and alumni have a week of great events leading up to Blue-White weekend.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“Holy crap, it’s been 10 years? I’m old as hell!!”
Send this to a friend