Sneezy’s Special Peanut Butter Cookies
The Penn State squirrels are an extremely well known fixture on campus and recently Sneezy the Squirrel has become their unofficial spokesperson. However, Sneezy has not let the fame go to her head, and along with sharing a bit of interesting squirrel facts has been delighting thousands on her facebook page with weekly fashion shoots of her many fabulous homemade hats.
As an avid viewer of Sneezy’s hilarious photo updates (and a crazy food fan) I was ecstatic to find that Sneezy had a secret recipe of her very own – peanut butter cookies. Sneezy looked very official in her cute little chef hat, so I hastened to attempt making her cookies myself.
To make Sneezy’s Peanut Butter Cookies YOU WILL NEED:
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1 stick of butter
-1 cup peanut butter
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1 ½ cups flour
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-some local squirrel test subjects (try leaning out of a window and singing a bit — Disney princess style)
1. Mix the brown and granulated sugar together until well incorporated.
2. Beat the butter with your stand mixer/whisk/spooky squirrel paws until it is light and fluffy.
3. Add the sugar mixture, and beat for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients. Don’t over-mix!
5. Scoop out even amounts of the dough and roll into balls, while keeping your squirrel friends (and yourself) from licking your fingers.
6. Arrange onto a greased cookie sheet, and press down with a fork for the stereotypical peanut butter cookie criss-cross.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. This recipe makes 40-60 cookies depending on how big you make them.
8. Feed yourself and your furry friends!
Since Sneezy declared that her cookies were 100% squirrel approved, I decided to test that theory myself. They certainly tasted good to my own standards, so I set off for some viable animal test subjects.
Apparently I myself do not have the magic touch, and should have probably called in Sneezy’s friend Mary the Squirrel Whisperer for reinforcement. After spending an hour chasing and throwing cookies at squirrels like a crazy person, I finally got some takers. The result — a huge success. They couldn’t get enough of them (as you can see in my pictures above). As I sprinkled the cookies on the ground a small army (swarm? gaggle?) of squirrels descended upon me to enjoy their fair share of peanut buttery goodness. I can safely say that after in depth testing Sneezy’s peanut butter cookies are indeed 100% squirrel (and human) approved.
Human Rating: 2 thumbs up
Squirrel Rating: 2 spooky paws out of 2
Thanks Chef Sneezy!