What We’re Thankful For
My travels back to Philadelphia and then to New Jersey have made me realize a few things that I’m thankful for at good old State:
- The water pressure in Simmons. Truly, it’s like a little slice of heaven. I went back into my bathroom at home and wished I could teleport to the dorm shower, even if I had to wear flip-flops.
- Redifer’s Hot Steel & Noodles. I love Philly’s Yang Ming, but this gracious staff makes me a gluten-free stir-fry every day for dinner and I can’t wait to get back.
- The sprawling campus. If you had asked me how I liked walking to the football game on Saturday through the snow with an 11-degree wind-chill, my chattering teeth wouldn’t have mustered a response, but driving on the Schuylkill Expressway yesterday made me yearn for State College, where I can walk everywhere and anywhere I want.
- The shops’ late hours. How can Starbucks even think of closing before 12 a.m.? I need Redifer’s Late Night and Insomnia Cookies’ 3 a.m. delivery.
- John Legend is coming to the BJC. He’s downright amazing. If you haven’t heard Green Light, check it out, and be there on December 4!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“Tim’s Law,” the Timothy J. Piazza Anti-Hazing Law, was approved by the Pennsylvania Senate Monday. The legislation is named after Tim Piazza, who died following a hazing ritual at the on-campus Beta Theta Pi fraternity house in February 2017. Now that it’s been passed by both Pennsylvania’s Senate and House of Representatives, the bill will move […]
Now that you’ve had a full day to recover from the heartbreaking 21-17 loss to Michigan State, it’s time to relive the other, more successful parts of Homecoming weekend.
Send this to a friend