Update: Wireless 2.0
You may remember my post on the initial testing of the Wireless 2.0 system that is poised to replace the VPN system we currently use. The new Wireless 2.0 system is out of the testing stage and is ready to be used by faculty, students and staff. Currently limited to 8 locations on campus, the new system will let users connect to the internet much more easily than before. The 8 locations are:
- Willard Building (Entire Building and outside area between Schwab and Carnegie Bldgs.)
- Life Sciences Building (Ground Floor-available in six General Purpose Classrooms, #9 through #14 only)
- Telecommunications Building (Entire Building)
- Thomas Building (1st and 2nd Floors, and outside plaza area between Thomas and Ritenour Bldgs.)
- Business Building (Entire Building and adjacent outdoor areas)
- Ag. Science and Industries (General Purpose Classrooms and Portions of the Ground Floor, 1st, 2nd and 4th Floors)
- Food Science Building (Entire Building and Creamery Outdoor Seating area)
- Forest Resources Building (Entire Building and adjacent outdoor areas)
Before attempting to connect to the new system, you’ll have to follow the instructions here to configure your computer or here to configure your iPhone/iPod Touch. The new system has been designed with security and speed in mind and should deliver much better performance than the old VPN system.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
The Hoosiers have been underwhelming in all aspects of Big Ten play this season.
State College has plenty of restaurants that always seem too far and too expensive — except when your parents are in town.
Send this to a friend