Greek Spotlight: Alpha Phi
1. Why did you decide to become a dancer?
I wanted to be a dancer since my freshman year, since I first experienced THON. Knowing that so many students put forth so much effort for such a great cause, I’ve always wanted to dance for the kids and for my father who passed away. I’ve always wanted the kids to know that I really care.
2. What is your team doing to support you this weekend?
We’ve had so many members in the stands the entire weekend and a lot of people coming down and dropping off presents, and just doing things to make me smile.
3. What’s your favorite part of the line dance?
The beginning of the line dance, and how it’s always a different theme.
4. What’s your favorite part of THON?
Just spending time with the kids. I know they struggle with so much and I try to make their time great and worthwhile.
5. How many years have you been involved in THON?
This is my fourth year.
6. What’s the coolest thing you’ve seen so far this weekend?
Tucker, when he sang Boom Boom Pow.
7. What song do you hope they play, or what song that they have played that you really like?
I shouldn’t be selfish and say my favorite song that I hope they play, but my favorite song is Somewhere Over the Rainbow. I hope they play it in the next couple hours.
8. How would you rate your dance skills?
I think my dance skills from 0 to 10 would be about an 8. Others would probably rate around a 3.
9. If you were a dinosaur, what kind you be?
I like the one that flies. Is that a pterodactyl? I like pterodactyls.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
The Nittany Lions snapped a two-game losing streak with a close victory over Indiana in Bloomington.
Toney finished the game with four sacks, including a crucial one on the Hoosiers’ final drive of the game late in the fourth quarter.
Send this to a friend