Friday at Arts Fest
Arts Fest continues today with many interesting events. We previewed some of the things you should look for already. Here are a few more we think will be fun to attend.
- Eli Byrne and Marvin Horne will perform originals and jazz classics on the Allen Street Stage at 2 p.m. Byrne is an experienced composer and Horne is a wonderful musician.
- The Essence of Joy Alumni Singers will be at the State College Presbyterian Church at 7 p.m. They are under the direction of Dr. Anthony T. Leach and have performed all around the world. I have heard this group before and they are entertaining and very good.
- The Billy Bauer Band will satisfy your rock needs at 8 p.m. at the Allen Street Stage. The band has played at several prestigious music festivals and have a new album coming out this summer.
- If it is a more country sound you are after, Straight Drive will be playing bluegrass at 9:30 p.m. at Sydney Friedman Park.
- Friday night’s shows end at 11 p.m. on the Festival Shell Stage. Family Brew will be playing well-known songs and expect the crowd to sing along. As an added bonus, Graham Spanier has played with this group before and could do so again.
These are only a handful of the many events on Friday. For others not listed here, the Art Fest website has all the information you need to make your Friday enjoyable.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
After scoring only two goals in the first half, TJ Malone and the Nittany Lions came back to win in sudden death overtime.
Fashanu is expected to be a first-round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.
Dane Dowiak’s two goals guided the Nittany Lions to win a close game in Columbus.