Friday at Arts Fest
Arts Fest continues today with many interesting events. We previewed some of the things you should look for already. Here are a few more we think will be fun to attend.
- Eli Byrne and Marvin Horne will perform originals and jazz classics on the Allen Street Stage at 2 p.m. Byrne is an experienced composer and Horne is a wonderful musician.
- The Essence of Joy Alumni Singers will be at the State College Presbyterian Church at 7 p.m. They are under the direction of Dr. Anthony T. Leach and have performed all around the world. I have heard this group before and they are entertaining and very good.
- The Billy Bauer Band will satisfy your rock needs at 8 p.m. at the Allen Street Stage. The band has played at several prestigious music festivals and have a new album coming out this summer.
- If it is a more country sound you are after, Straight Drive will be playing bluegrass at 9:30 p.m. at Sydney Friedman Park.
- Friday night’s shows end at 11 p.m. on the Festival Shell Stage. Family Brew will be playing well-known songs and expect the crowd to sing along. As an added bonus, Graham Spanier has played with this group before and could do so again.
These are only a handful of the many events on Friday. For others not listed here, the Art Fest website has all the information you need to make your Friday enjoyable.