Group Brings Shakespeare to Nittany Valley
The Nittany Valley Shakespeare Festival will be presenting Much Ado About Nothing this year for their annual fall performance. If you’re looking for a little culture your first week back in State College, the show will be running August 15 through the 29th at various locations downtown.
This will be the group’s third year producing a play, having done both A Midsummer’s Night Dream and The Tempest previously. Students, faculty and community members are all involved in the production, and all the performances will be free to the public.
Much Ado About Nothing is, in my opinion, one of Shakespeare’s funniest comedies. It follows the antics of two couples, and the highs and lows of their relationships. It’s basically a 17th century American Pie.
If you decide to go, here’s the full schedule of performances:
- Sunday, Aug 15th at C. Barton McCann School of Art 6pm
- Friday, Aug 20th at Juniata College on the Halbritter Centre lawn 6pm
- Saturday, Aug 21st at Orchard Park at 6 pm
- Sunday, Aug 22nd at Orchard Park at 2 pm
- Friday, Aug 27th at Sid Friedman Parklet at 6 pm
- Saturday, Aug 28th at Sid Friedman Parklet at 6pm
- Sunday, Aug 29th at The State Theatre at 1 pm
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers?
“As we work together to make the impact as least disruptive as possible to our students and employees, we strongly urge Congress and the president to end this impasse.”
Send this to a friend