Final Pre-Season Depth Chart Released
Pre-season practices officially concluded on Friday and with that, Joe Paterno and his coaching staff should be pretty much done evaluating players and getting ready to focus on Youngstown State, the first opponent of the 2010 season.
The most watched position battle this summer has obviously been for the quarterback spot. So now that two-a-days and multiple ice baths are done, Onward State, in cooperation with Penn State Athletics, would like to announce that this year’s starting quarterback is… wait, we still don’t know?
The final pre-season depth chart was released on Sunday and there are three quarterbacks listed with the first team: redshirt sophomore Matt McGloin, sophomore Kevin Newsome, or true freshman Robert Bolden. A fourth quarterback, freshman Paul Jones (the star of the Blue-White Game), was redshirted for this season. Coach Paterno will hopefully announce his decision at his weekly press conference this Tuesday afternoon.
- Speedy freshman RB Silas Redd was left off the depth chart. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Chaz Powell is listed as the starter for the second cornerback position, bumping out Stephon Morris.
- Devon Smith will start as the slot receiver while Brett Brackett is listed as Graham Zug’s backup.
- Michael Mauti, who may be the best linebacker on the roster, is listed as Nathan Stupar’s backup. If Chris Colisanti struggles in the middle, expect to see Mauti move there.
- Powell and Smith will be handling kickoff return duties and Justin Brown will return punts to start off.
Did anything catch your eye while scanning the depth chart? Let us know below.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“Tim’s Law,” the Timothy J. Piazza Anti-Hazing Law, was approved by the Pennsylvania Senate Monday. The legislation is named after Tim Piazza, who died following a hazing ritual at the on-campus Beta Theta Pi fraternity house in February 2017. Now that it’s been passed by both Pennsylvania’s Senate and House of Representatives, the bill will move […]
“If not, he’s going to wind up back on the street.”
Send this to a friend