Warm Weather Forces OPP to Cut Electrical Use
Due to the unseasonably warm weather hitting the region today and tomorrow, the Office of the Physical Plant announced the possibility of a mandatory reduction of electricity for campus. In the event that happens, there will be a two hour window in order to prepare.
OPP offers the following advice in order to reduce electricity and avoid a mandatory reduction:
- Shut off all unneeded office equipment and lights. Equipment should include computers, monitors, printers, copiers, coffee makers and task lighting.
- Unplug iPod, digital camera and phone chargers when not in use.
- Reduce water usage since water is pumped into Penn State’s storage tanks with electricity.
- Use window blinds appropriately for cooling.
- Keep exterior doors closed in air-conditioned buildings. Make sure operable windows also are closed.
In an attempt to avoid a reduction, OPP is allowing for the possibility of turning on a generator, to allow for an increased load on the campus grid. If this happens, there is the possibility of disruption to electrical devices not on an uninterrupted power supply.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“I knew my mom did it and I knew I was going to finish, but having her there pushing me, talking to me, and keeping me occupied definitely took my mind off the pain.”
The potential upside for George Campbell and what he can bring to Penn State’s offense is huge.
Send this to a friend