2010 Midterm Elections Voting Guide Roundup
The 2010 midterm elections are today, and if you’re voting, which you should be, you’re probably going to need help deciding which candidates you choose when you go to the polls today between classes.
The entire nation is preparing for some incredibly key races this year with a lot of hope/fear that the Republicans will retake the House of Representatives and Senate. Some of the key races this year in Pennsylvania include
- Governor: Dan Onorato (D) vs. Tom Corbett (R)
- Senator: Joe Sestak (D) vs. Pat Toomey (R)
- 34th State Senate: John Eich (D) vs. Jake Corman (R)
- 77th State House: Scott Conklin (D) vs. Joycs Haas (R)
- Fifth Congressional District: Michael Pipe (D) vs. Glenn Thompson (R)
If you’re interested in learning more about the candidates, the Centre Daily Times and StateCollege.com have prepared a number of voting guides to help guide you in your decision. You can also utilize these websites to obtain candidate profiles and interviews.
You can also check out VoteSmart.org for an interactive map and design to help you decide for whom to vote.
It should be noted that Onward State has not endorsed any candidates in the 2010 midterm races. We have, however, covered Penn State alum and Democratic candidate Michael Pipe’s campaign at length.