Single Person’s Survival Guide to Valentine’s Day
Listen up, singles. Valentine’s Day may seem to be a day for couples to exchange flowers, cards, and teddy bears while saying sweet nothings near an open fire, but it’s also for the singles. Check out some ways singles can enjoy V-day without worrying about the burdens and heartache that come with it. Get ready to paint State College red for the holiday.
1. Being single in State College on Valentine’s Day might just be the best thing for you. Who cares if you’re single when State College has over 20 bars? It’s still $5 All-You-Can-Eat Burritos and $5 Big Azz Margarita Night at Mad Mex and Smokin’ Karaoke at The Saloon. Grab that raspberry margarita and sing “It’s My Life” by Bon Jovi. I’m sure someone’s watching you and they like it.
2. Remember, being single has its privileges. You have freedom, independence, and heavy pockets. Relationships usually require time and money, a lot of money. Valentine’s Day is just a commercial holiday. While that guy is spending $400 on that Jared Pandora bracelet (instead of paying the electric bill), you can keep your lights on this month. Besides, she’s probably only going to wear it once.
3. Do not, and I repeat DO NOT, look at your ex’s Facebook, Twitter, etc., or text them. If they haven’t texted you, they’re obviously texting someone else. Get over it, move on.
4. If you’re single because of a current breakup, use this to be a day of grieving. But don’t you dare pretend that this is the end of the world.
5. Throw a party at your place. Invite your friends over for a Catalina Wine Mixer and make it a “Singles Awareness Day.”
6. Never give up. Negative thinking only creates negative outcomes that repel potential partners and get you nowhere. Follow Rule # 6.
7. Penn State has over 40,000 students. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Trust me.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Halloween fun returns to Penn State with the Arboretum’s annual Pumpkin Festival.
Send this to a friend