Penn State College of Communication Career/Internship Event in HUB
Attention Students: Penn State’s College of Communications is having their 12th annual JobExpo.Comm Career/Internship Event at the HUB-Robeson Center’s Alumni Hall. Doors open at 9 a.m. Friday.
There are more than 55 companies and organizations specifically recruiting College of Communications students for full-time opportunities, and many of them will be looking to fill internships.
Here are some tips to make that good impression:
- Be sure to get a good night’s sleep. Recruiters don’t want to see you yawn while talking.
- Dress to impress (in a professional manner, please).
- Arrive early. To avoid long lines, make sure you bring the filled out registration form with you.
- Bring 10 more copies of your resume than you think you need.
- Bring some samples of your work. You can’t say you are a good writer if you don’t have the proof.
- Confidence, Confidence, Confidence. Sell yourself well.
- Give a firm professional handshake and make eye contact. They’ll remember that.
- Be sure to ask for business cards to send thank you notes. It lets them know you are serious.
JobExpo.Comm is the first of two communications-specific career/internship fairs this spring for PSU College of Communications students. The second fair, “Success in the City,” will be held on Friday, April 15th from 1 to 5 p.m. in New York City.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Be sure to follow @THONwardState, @OnwardState, and our Facebook Page for up-to-the-second coverage of everything going on inside the Bryce Jordan Center all weekend long.
Fill out our survey below and share your experience with us and to be added to an interactive map we’ll release later in the weekend.
Send this to a friend