Penn State College of Communication Career/Internship Event in HUB
Attention Students: Penn State’s College of Communications is having their 12th annual JobExpo.Comm Career/Internship Event at the HUB-Robeson Center’s Alumni Hall. Doors open at 9 a.m. Friday.
There are more than 55 companies and organizations specifically recruiting College of Communications students for full-time opportunities, and many of them will be looking to fill internships.
Here are some tips to make that good impression:
- Be sure to get a good night’s sleep. Recruiters don’t want to see you yawn while talking.
- Dress to impress (in a professional manner, please).
- Arrive early. To avoid long lines, make sure you bring the filled out registration form with you.
- Bring 10 more copies of your resume than you think you need.
- Bring some samples of your work. You can’t say you are a good writer if you don’t have the proof.
- Confidence, Confidence, Confidence. Sell yourself well.
- Give a firm professional handshake and make eye contact. They’ll remember that.
- Be sure to ask for business cards to send thank you notes. It lets them know you are serious.
JobExpo.Comm is the first of two communications-specific career/internship fairs this spring for PSU College of Communications students. The second fair, “Success in the City,” will be held on Friday, April 15th from 1 to 5 p.m. in New York City.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
“Holy crap, it’s been 10 years? I’m old as hell!!”
It’s been an exciting century…unless you’re Rutgers playing Penn State.
Send this to a friend