Paterno Pregame Press Conference Notes
Some news and notes from JoePa’s press conference held before today’s Blue-White game:
- Quarterback Rob Bolden looks much more comfortable this spring than he did last spring or even during the season. Paterno has not talked to him about his transfer status yet.
- Paterno said that he is 99 percent sure that either Bolden or McGloin will start the year as the starting quarterback. Sorry Paul Jones fans.
- Paul Jones has a lot of ability and has looked good at times, but he is not ready to play. Kevin Newsome is in the same boat.
- Chaz Powell has progressed and matured at the cornerback position this spring.
- With injuries to Eric Latimore and Jack Crawford this spring, DaQuan Jones played a little bit of defensive end to help work the offensive line.
- Speaking of the offensive line, it still needs a lot of work. Lots of room for improvement.
- There are two or three great backs who can run the ball, but they all need to work on their blocking to become complete players.
- Finally, Joe did not know anything about the jersey change, but he said that anytime they take something off, it is for the better.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
The Nittany Lions participated in a max-out lifting session to mark the end of winter workouts.
The Nittany Lions bested the Buckeyes on the heels of a strong second period.
Gaines was committed to the Nittany Lions for nearly a year.