70 Years of Dominating Temple
In two days, our Nittany Lions will travel to Philly to take on the Temple Owls. Yes, we enter as only an eight-point favorite, and yes this Temple team is better than those that came before them (although that isn’t saying much).
But this is Temple. We have dominated them for seven decades now and I don’t see that changing much on Saturday afternoon.
Here are some facts regarding the seven decades the teams have played each other:
- Since 1943, Penn State and Temple have met 36 times.Penn State is 35-0-1.
- The tie (7-7) occurred in 1950.
- Penn State has averaged over 32 points vs Temple.
- The average margin of victory is over three touchdowns.
- Penn State has shut out Temple 10 times during this span.
- Temple has had 12 coaches during this span; Penn State has had 4.
- Temple has been to 2 bowl games, Penn State has played in 42.
- Gas was 19¢ per gallon.
- Joe Paterno was 14 years old.
- FDR was president.
- The board game Candy Land was new.
- Minimum wage was $0.30.
- Mount Rushmore wasn’t complete.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Here’s all the media and miscellaneous information you need to know ahead of Saturday’s game.
State College has plenty of restaurants that always seem too far and too expensive — except when your parents are in town.
Send this to a friend