THON Releases 2011 Summary of Fundraising Activities
The Penn State IFC-Panhellenic Dance Marathon, or THON, has released its Summary of Fundraising Activities for the 2010-2011 fiscal year (July 1, 2010 – June 30, 2011) today. From July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 $9,594,880.17 was raised. Of this total, $9,266,841.14 (96.58%) was donated to the The Four Diamonds Fund, a 4.17% increase from last year’s donation.
THON 2012 Overall Finance Chair Vicki Marone stated in the press release that THON’s ability to donate $0.96 of each dollar raised can be attributed to the “untold and incalculable number of hours put in by our volunteers throughout the year.”
- Individual gifts made up $8,125,777.01, or 84.69%, of total gift income.
- Corporate gifts made up $957,903.60, or 9.98%, of total gift income.
- Fundraising events generated $411,108.18, or 4.28% of total gift income.
- The THON store generated $100,091.38, or 1.04% of total gift income.
THON’s expenses totaled $286,423.90, or 2.99% of THON’s total gift income. This does not include the $41,615.13 retained in THON’s account.
- $170,337.15 on event management.
- $101,478.23 on development, including printed THON informational material, direct mailing campaigns, and donor stewardship initiatives.
- $14,608.52 for operations and other administrative expenses, including postage, office equipment, and space usage.
As of June 30, 2011, THON had $150,840.43 in its account.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
The thousands of teddy bears will be donated to Four Diamonds children.
The Lady Lions were last ranked in 2014.
“Andy will be here more just taking in everything and getting a feel for how we operate.”