THON Releases 2011 Summary of Fundraising Activities
The Penn State IFC-Panhellenic Dance Marathon, or THON, has released its Summary of Fundraising Activities for the 2010-2011 fiscal year (July 1, 2010 – June 30, 2011) today. From July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 $9,594,880.17 was raised. Of this total, $9,266,841.14 (96.58%) was donated to the The Four Diamonds Fund, a 4.17% increase from last year’s donation.
THON 2012 Overall Finance Chair Vicki Marone stated in the press release that THON’s ability to donate $0.96 of each dollar raised can be attributed to the “untold and incalculable number of hours put in by our volunteers throughout the year.”
- Individual gifts made up $8,125,777.01, or 84.69%, of total gift income.
- Corporate gifts made up $957,903.60, or 9.98%, of total gift income.
- Fundraising events generated $411,108.18, or 4.28% of total gift income.
- The THON store generated $100,091.38, or 1.04% of total gift income.
THON’s expenses totaled $286,423.90, or 2.99% of THON’s total gift income. This does not include the $41,615.13 retained in THON’s account.
- $170,337.15 on event management.
- $101,478.23 on development, including printed THON informational material, direct mailing campaigns, and donor stewardship initiatives.
- $14,608.52 for operations and other administrative expenses, including postage, office equipment, and space usage.
As of June 30, 2011, THON had $150,840.43 in its account.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Who needs the Orange Bowl when you can go to the Citrus Bowl and have oranges AND all their citrus brethren in one game of crossover SEC-Big Ten smashmouth football?
Penn State will play its second Friday night game ever next season at Maryland in what the Terps are calling the “B1G Friday Night Lights” game.
Send this to a friend