THON Releases 2011 Summary of Fundraising Activities
The Penn State IFC-Panhellenic Dance Marathon, or THON, has released its Summary of Fundraising Activities for the 2010-2011 fiscal year (July 1, 2010 – June 30, 2011) today. From July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 $9,594,880.17 was raised. Of this total, $9,266,841.14 (96.58%) was donated to the The Four Diamonds Fund, a 4.17% increase from last year’s donation.
THON 2012 Overall Finance Chair Vicki Marone stated in the press release that THON’s ability to donate $0.96 of each dollar raised can be attributed to the “untold and incalculable number of hours put in by our volunteers throughout the year.”
- Individual gifts made up $8,125,777.01, or 84.69%, of total gift income.
- Corporate gifts made up $957,903.60, or 9.98%, of total gift income.
- Fundraising events generated $411,108.18, or 4.28% of total gift income.
- The THON store generated $100,091.38, or 1.04% of total gift income.
THON’s expenses totaled $286,423.90, or 2.99% of THON’s total gift income. This does not include the $41,615.13 retained in THON’s account.
- $170,337.15 on event management.
- $101,478.23 on development, including printed THON informational material, direct mailing campaigns, and donor stewardship initiatives.
- $14,608.52 for operations and other administrative expenses, including postage, office equipment, and space usage.
As of June 30, 2011, THON had $150,840.43 in its account.