Tecce Talk: THON Hour 12
What an experience this has been so far! After meeting at Multisport, we made our way through the human tunnel to the BJC. That experience is the closest I will ever come to feeling like a rock star, as hundreds of students and supporters lined each side cheering and screaming for us. I felt an intense rush of energy upon walking onto the floor at the BJC as I heard the cheers of thousands and saw the explosion of lights around the stage. About an hour later, surrounded by some of my closest friends, we finally stood to signal the start of THON 2012. Now, though the odds had Ally as the first to cry, I felt tears as soon as I stood, knowing that years of dreaming and hard work FTK had finally led to this moment. Immediately, I looked to my left to find Rogo, who also had tears in her eyes as we laughed at our own lack of emotional control.
Since then, I have stood on my feet, usually dancing, sometimes hugging or playing games, and rarely in pain. I’ve changed socks just once, but will probably need to soon again. My ankles have begun to feel a little sore, but nothing to worry about.
The highlights so far for me have included:
- having my own big head in the Nittany Nation section (105)
- receiving a PERSONALIZED pump up video from Pat Chambers thanks to my wonderful moraler
- hearing a former Four Diamonds child tell myself and my moraler about his battle with cancer
- being told by our other THON chair, Dan Arnoldi, that my organization, Nittany Nation, is already $5,000 past last year’s total (a big deal for a small org!)
- lots and lots of dancing with my best friends
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
No matter what else you choose, you’re legally obligated to take a graduation photo at the Lion Shrine.
Football season ticket holders are invited to town hall meetings to learn about parking and traffic changes for next season.
Send this to a friend