Beaver Stadium Ranked Among Best Stadiums in Big Ten
In a rare instance of non-awful news relating to Penn State football, the folks over at the ESPN Big Ten Blog have been running an ongoing video series ranking the best football stadiums in the Big Ten Conference. Beaver Stadium is the latest stadium to receive mention– ranking 3rd of the 12 Big Ten schools.
In an exhilarating 43 second clip, we see Adam Rittenberg’s goofy mug laud Beaver Stadium for having “one of the best atmospheres in the country, particularly at night” and being one of the more “imposing and intimidating structures in the Big Ten.” He also speaks of Beaver Stadium’s development over the past four or five decades to the colossus that it is today.
With Beaver Stadium being ranked number 3, only Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium and Ohio State’s Ohio Stadium (aka “The Horseshoe”) remain on the countdown.
The complete list is as follows:
12. Memorial Stadium – Indiana University
11. Ross-Ade Stadium- Purdue University
10. Ryan Field- Northwestern University
9. Memorial Stadium – University of Illinois
8. TCF Bank Stadium – University of Minnesota
7. Spartan Stadium – Michigan State University
6. Michigan Stadium – University of Michigan
5. Kinnick Stadium – University of Iowa
4. Memorial Stadium – University of Nebraska
3. Beaver Stadium – Penn State University