Hockey Jerseys Unveiled, Tickets On Sale Today
The Penn State ice hockey team held an unveiling ceremony at Beaver Stadium yesterday to show off the brand new hockey uniforms that both the men’s and women’s team will be wearing this coming season. The jerseys mark a new era in Penn State hockey, as the program is officially making the jump from a club to Division 1 team. Max Gardiner and Tommy Olczyk, sophomore forwards for the men’s team, modeled the jerseys at the press conference.
The new threads were designed by Nike with Penn State’s classic look in mind. The home jerseys are white, featuring the Nittany Lion logo on the front, last names and numbers on the back, blue stripes and player numbers on both shoulders, and a blue stripe around the stomach. The plain blue plants have both a Nittany Lion and Nike logo on each leg. The road jersey’s are essentially the opposite, primarily blue with white stripes, but they don’t have names on the back.
“As we designed the jerseys with Nike, we aimed to develop a classic, yet cutting-edge look that will provide optimal comfort and performance for our student-athletes,” head coach Guy Gadowsky told GoPSUSports.com. “I know our players are very excited to wear these jerseys for the first time on October 12 as we embark on this historic season.”
Anyone looking to purchase a jersey can place an order at the book store, the All-Sports Museum, or over the phone by calling 814-863-0205. Replica jerseys are priced at $80 and authentic jerseys will cost you $125. The replicas will ship in early October, with the authentics coming a month later in early November.
In other news, student ticket packages for men’s hockey went on sale this morning at 7 a.m. at the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office. You can choose out of three packages of five games, each costing $20, as detailed below:
• Friday, October 12 – American International
• Friday, November 30 – Arizona State University
• Saturday, December 15 – Robert Morris
• Friday, January 11 – U.S. National Under-18 Team
• Saturday, February 2 – Ohio University
• Saturday, November 3 – Buffalo State
• Saturday, November 10 – Air Force Academy
• Tuesday, January 15 – Neumann
• Saturday, February 9 – Alabama Huntsville
• Saturday, February 16 – Oklahoma
• Friday, November 9 – Air Force Academy
• Saturday, December 1 – Arizona State
• Saturday, January 12 – U.S. National Under-18 Team
• Friday, February 8 – Alabama Huntsville
• Friday, February 15 – Oklahoma
Each student is only allowed to purchase one of the three packages. For more information, visit GoPSUSports.com.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Tim’s Law adds stricter penalties for hazing, as well as provides requirements for institutions and includes immunity for those who call for medical attention in hazing emergencies.
Sean Spencer’s Wild Dogs have now accumulated 25 sacks on the season, securing 25 turkeys to be donated to the State College Food Bank at Thanksgiving.
Send this to a friend