50 Stats for Saturday: Temple
We’re back for our 4th week. Hope you’ve enjoyed all of the useless information thus far! Here’s your 50 stats for today’s game vs. Temple:
1. Penn State has forced 8 turnovers in the past two games.
2. The defense’s +5 turnover margin is the best in the Big Ten.
3. Allen Robinson is on pace for 96 receptions.
4. 1,288 yards.
5. and 16 TDs.
6. Kyle Carter is only other Penn State player with double-digit receptions.
7. Matt McGloin has 8 TDs through three games in 2012, good for 1st in the Big Ten.
8. He had 8 TDs in all of 2011.
9. Derek Day is Penn State’s leading rusher through the first 3 games.
10. He’s accumulated 83 yards.
11. Both home games this year have seen an attendance of under 100,000.
12. Penn State has outscored opponents 28-0 in the first quarter.
13. The Nittany Lions are 6-9 on 4th down this season.
14. Penn State has not scored a rushing touchdown all season.
15. Temple has allowed three of them in two games.
15. It took Penn State’s tight ends all of three games to outproduce last year’s tight ends.
16. Matt McGloin has never started a game vs. Temple.
17. Rob Bolden started two games vs. the Owls.
18. Former Penn State QB Kevin Newsome may see time at WR today for the Owls.
19. Once second-string QB Paul Jones will likely see more reps at TE this week.
20. Penn State’s longest rush of the season came on a fake punt by Glenn Carson (19 yards).
21. Since 1943, Penn State and Temple have met 36 times. Penn State is 35-0-1.
22. The tie (7-7) occurred in 1950.
23. Penn State has averaged over 32 points vs Temple.
24. The average margin of victory is over three touchdowns.
25. Penn State has shut out Temple 10 times during this span.
26. Temple has had 12 coaches during this span; Penn State has had 4.
27. Temple has been to 4 bowl games; Penn State has played in 46.
28. The last time Temple beat Penn State was October 18, 1941.
29. Gas was 19¢ per gallon.
30. Joe Paterno was 14 years old.
31. FDR was president.
32. The board game Candy Land was new.
33. Minimum wage was $0.30.
34. Mount Rushmore wasn’t complete.
35. During the last six meetings, Temple has averaged just 5.3 points per game.
36. Temple’s starting QB Chris Coyer is averaging six completions per game in 2012.
37. The Owls have run the ball 86 times this season.
38. And they’ve attempted just 29 passes.
39. Penn State attempted 26 passes in the first half against Ohio.
40. The Owls’ leading receiver has four receptions and 97 yards.
41. Temple has converted 10 of 28 3rd down conversions this season.
42. Temple gave up 36 points to Maryland.
43. In Maryland’s other two games, they have 28 total points.
44. Like last week, Penn State comes into this game as roughly a touchdown favorite.
45. Michael Zordich had one yard touchdown runs in the fourth quarter against Temple in 2010 and 2011.
46. The 2011 Temple team won a bowl game for the first time since 1979.
47. Temple’s mascot name is Hooter and he’s actually pretty cool.
48. Temple kicker Brandon McManus has made fifty eight consecutive extra points.
49. Sam Ficken missed an XP vs. Navy but….
50. There will be no updated Sam Ficken spray chart this week, only using FG attempts. Sorry!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
The close game certainly made things exciting, which is more than you can say about the first two games, but nothing seemed “fun” about watching each team try to let the other win.
Football has its flaws, but it also has the innate ability to bring people together for 12 Saturdays a year.
Send this to a friend