39 Candidates Running in 2013 PSU BoT Election
It’s official. 39 candidates will be running for three spots on the Penn State Board of Trustees this spring — way down from the 87 candidates who ran last year.
The ballot drawing took place at the Penn Stater this afternoon. Candidates needed 50 nominations to appear on the ballot. Ballots for the election will be available on-line to Penn State Alumni starting on April 10 to conclude at 9 a.m. on May 2.
While 39 is still a relatively high number of candidates running for the board, it is less than half of the amount that ran last spring following the board’s well-documented decisions in the fall of 2011.
Here’s the full list of candidates:
1. Kathleen A. Pavelko, ’75, ’79g, Lib, Com, President & CEO, WITF, New Cumberland, Pa.
2. Pratima Gatehouse, ’96, ’10g, Eng, Vice President, Production Design, Avalon Partners, Short Hills, N.J.
3. Eugene J. Bella, ’63, Eng, Retired, Murrysville, Pa.
4. Paul V. Suhey, ’79, Lib, Orthopedic Surgeon, Martin & Suhey Orthopedics, Boalsburg, Pa.
5. Thomas A. Conley, ’01, Eng, USAF Pilot, District of Columbia Air National Guard, Washington, District of Columbia.
6. John W. Diercks, ’63, ’67g, ’75g, EMS, Retired, United States Air Force, State College, Pa.
7. Edward “Ted” B. Brown, III, ’68, Sci, President/CEO, KETCH Consulting Inc., State College, Pa.
8. Rudolph K. Glocker, ’91, ’93g, Lib, Managing Partner, Pediped Footwear, Henderson, Nev.
9. Christopher J. Bartnik, ’91, ’96g, Bus, Senior Vice President, East Region Benefits Leader, Wells Fargo & Company, Chantilly, Va.
10. Vincent J. Tedesco, Jr., ’64, Bus, Director, Lockheed Martin Corporation, State College, Pa.
11. William J. Cluck, ’82, Lib, Attorney, Law Offices of William J. Cluck, Harrisburg, Pa.
12. Stephanie Nolan Deviney, ’97 JD, DSL, Attorney at Law, Fox Rothschild LLP, Exton, Pa.
13. John M. Mason, Jr., ’70, ’72, Eng; Cap, Associate Provost & VP for Research, Auburn University, Auburn, Ala.
14. Robert J. Bowsher, ’86, Bus, Writer and Accountant, San Diego, Calif.
15. Doreen Ulichney Schivley, ’78, Edu, Retired Speech Therapist & Special Education Teacher, Kent County Board of Education, State College, Pa.
16. J. Andrew Weidman, ’78, Bus, Chairman, Reinsel Kuntz Lesher LLP, Reading, Pa.
17. Ben J. Novak, ’65, ’99g, Lib, IDF, Retired, Ave Maria, Fla.
18. O. Richard Bundy, III, ’93, ’96g, Lib, President and CEO, University of Vermont Foundation, South Burlington, Vt.
19. Matthew A. Bird, ’80, Eng, Project Controls Manager, Bechtel Group, Gettysburg, Pa.
20. Frederik O. Riefkohl, ’87, Bus, Senior Vice President, CSA Group, Annapolis, Md.
21. Mark S. Connolly, ’84g, Sci, Intellectual Property Director, E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co., West Chester, Pa.
22. Barbara L. Doran, ’75, Lib, Wealth Advisor, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, New York, N.Y.
23. Darlene R. Baker, ’80, Sci, Vice President of Operations, PSKW LLC, Warminster, Pa.
24. Robert J. Hooper, ’79, H&HD, President/Chair of the Board, Vermont State Employees Association, Burlington, Vt.
25. Amy L. Williams, ’80, H&HD, Founder & Managing Director, SageWorks Rx LLC., Wayne, Pa.
26. Robert N. Grimes, ’80, Agr, Chairman, CEO & President, ConStrata Tech Consulting, Potomac, Md.
27. Jeffrey N. Goldsmith, ’82, H&HD, Account Executive, Premium Card Solutions, Harrisburg, Pa.
28. David K. Mullaly, ’69, ’72g, Lib, Retired Teacher, Annapolis, Md.
29. Robert P. McKinnon, ’90, Com, Founder, GALEWILL Design, Inc., Hastings on Hudson, N.Y.
30. Ted J. Sebastianelli, ’69, Bus, Retired, Deputy HR Director, Military District of Washington DC, State College, Pa.
31. Christopher R. Owens, ’06, IST, Lib, Mobile Banking Manager, Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union, Mechanicsburg, Pa.
32. Gregory A. Slachta, MD, ’66, Sci, Retired Urologic Surgeon, Ridgeland, S.C.
33. Charles R. Mazzitti, ’80, Lib, President, Mazzitti & Sullivan E.A.P. Services, Elizabethtown, Pa.
34. Gregory “Sandy” S. Sanderson, ’00, Eng, CEO, CollClub Sports, Pittsburgh, Pa.
35 Robert C. Jubelirer, ’59, ’62 JD, Lib, DSL, Partner, Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel, Boalsburg, Pa.
36. William F. Oldsey, ’76, Lib, Operating Partner, Atlas Advisors, Basking Ridge, N.J.
37. Patrick J. Howley, ’12, H&HD, Baltimore, Md.
38. Ryan M. Bagwell, ’02, A&A; Com, Senior Interactive Developer, Hirshorn Zucherman Design Group, Middleton, Wis.
39. Scott T. Kimler, ’83, EMS, Owner, ST Consulting, Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
After losing my father to cancer, I thought there was nothing THON could offer me that I didn’t already know. After four years, I found comfort in the familiar.
If you couldn’t stay awake the whole time or may’ve missed some of the most exciting things THON had to offer, we compiled a list of some of our favorite posts from the weekend.
Send this to a friend