SOMA Arts Crawl 2013 – Live Blog
The SOMA Arts Crawl is upon us! Starting at 5:30, North Campus will be taken over by arts organizations to celebrate the creativity of the Penn State Community. We’ll be updating the live blog throughout the day, so make sure you follow Onward State for up-to-the-minute coverage of the SOMA Arts Crawl!
Here’s the full schedule of bands playing today. Make sure you stop by and see your favorite local music!
Here’s a list of other non-musical arts events that will be taking place throughout the day.
- Pennsylvania Arts Education Association will be hosting a children’s arts and crafts session in 103 Visual Arts Building starting at 5:30.
- The Student Film Organization will be showing student films in the Palmer Auditorium from 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- The Clay Club will be working on projects and showing some original artwork in the Ceramics Building.
- Unabridged (The Penn State Association of English Majors) will be holding an open poetry session in between acoustic acts in the Gallery Cafe. Anyone can sign up to read their poetry. Signups start at 5:30 in the Gallery Cafe.
- Student art will be featured throughout the day in Patterson Gallery and the Palmer Museum Gallery.
- Sculpture Club will be showing off their artwork in the Visual Arts Building.
10:10 p.m.: Headliners WHY? just took the stage in the Visual Arts Building to a packed auditorium.
9:56 p.m.: A long line forms in the Visual Arts Building as the headliners WHY? prepare to take the stage.
9:46 p.m.: Rock band The Skin Cells just finished up their set in the Visual Arts Building.
9:30 p.m.: Some Ceramics students held a cup sale earlier for Taylor Watkins, who is currently battling cancer.
9:26 p.m.: Ouchy Mouchy plays a lively outdoor set by the Ceramics Building.
9:20 p.m.: The Gay Republicans just finished their set in Patterson Gallery.
9:05 p.m.: Ellen Siberian-Tiger just finished their set in the Palmer Lobby.
8:56 p.m.: Lenina Crowne plays for a packed crowd in the Gallery Cafe.
8:40 p.m.: The Infected Flies are starting their set in the Visual Arts Building.
8:20 p.m.: More Penn State student art. Ultraviolet chalk for the win…
8:13 p.m.: Parlormint is playing a sick set outside the Ceramics Building.
8:05 p.m.: This guy with a fish hat just snagged a free Onward State cup. Come grab one yourself!
7:48 p.m.: Sharleen Chidiac plays a soulful acoustic set in the Gallery Cafe.
7:45 p.m.: Philly pop-punk band Mumblr is rocking out the Visual Arts Building!
7:15 p.m.: Andrew McHenry is serenading the crowd in Gallery Cafe.
7:10 p.m.: Students check out some pieces at the graduate student art sale in the Visual Arts Building.
6:58 p.m.: Keegan Tawa just started performing his two hour set on the Stuckeman Building balcony.
6:46 p.m.: Here are some student art displays located in the Visual Arts Building.
6:33 p.m.: Sad South Italy is the first acoustic set featured in the Gallery Cafe.
6:12 p.m.: Pantomime Dame just finished their set in the Visual Arts Building. Ambeyonce takes the stage at 6:25. Don’t miss it!