Join Onward State: Info for Fall 2013
Are you interested in joining Onward State’s dynamic team of bloggers, photographers, and editors for a semester of student media merriment? We have a limited number of positions available for our Fall 2013 editorial cycle and we want you to help fill them.
With opportunities for student writers, photographers, and editors (or any combination of the three), Onward State leads Penn State student media with its community-driven approach on news and focus on providing a slice of student life. We maintain the largest Twitter and Facebook followings in college media and are proud to be the Penn State news outlet that students turn to the most. (We are also the reigning Student Media Dodgeball champions, if that’s any incentive.)
With stipends and other opportunities for advancement available, Onward State is a great place to spend your career as a Penn State student journalist. If you’re an experienced student journalist bored with the status quo, this is your chance to pursue exciting opportunities and develop new skills…but experience is not required! We are, quite simply, one big family and we want you to be a part of it (#OneBlog, or something).
As an Onward State staff member, you will be required to:
- Be a registered Penn State student (this one seems obvious but we do have a lot of alumni readers, too).
- Attend all weekly staff editorial meetings. These are held at 7 p.m. every Monday night at the State Theatre and run about 90 minutes.
- Attend ALL training sessions led by senior editors, which will occur periodically during the semester before the regularly scheduled meetings.
- Contribute multiple posts per week throughout the Fall semester and beyond.
- Be proud of being part of Onward State, both internally and externally.
Strong preference will be given this semester to photographers. Good candidates exhibit a strong knowledge and passion for Penn State and its history. Involvement in other student organizations is a plus. Applicants we are interested in interviewing will be contacted by early next week.
If you have any questions, please send us an email. See you on Yammer!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Tim’s Law adds stricter penalties for hazing, as well as provides requirements for institutions and includes immunity for those who call for medical attention in hazing emergencies.
After 12 months, what began as an English 202 project is making Greek Life safer.
Send this to a friend