10 Ways to Make a Boring Class Fun
Everyone has a class that bores them to death. If you don’t, chances are you will soon.
It is truly remarkable how fifty minutes can soon feel like an eternity of damnation. But who says you can’t liven up the mood a little? Here are some ways to add a little fun and excitement to “that class”:
1. Pass notes old school style. It’s way better than texting and there is nothing better than the building anticipation to find out the answer to “Do you like me? Circle yes or no.”
2. The Wave. You’ve heard of it. Replace the over eager hand raise and with a yawn. See if you can pass it across the room. Bonus if you get it to come back, slow motion, and fast version.
3. Play online games. Revisit one of those trusty gaming websites you used to work so hard to get on through the web blocking system in your middle school computer classes. Trust me, they are still fun.
4. Paper toss. Roll up pieces of paper and try to throw them into the hoods of your peers. This rousing game can keep you entertained, and the risk of getting caught adds to the excitement. You could even try writing little inspirational notes and spread the love.
5. Read Onward State. Duh.
6. Invite friends to class. Only half of the roster shows up to that lecture hall anyway, so bring your posse and make it a party. Sit together and take in the sights and sounds of 100 Thomas, or spread out in Forum and play an invigorating game of Marco Polo or Bingo (see number 10).
7. Watch a movie on mute*. For a unique experience, watch a movie you’ve never seen, keep the subtitles off, and try to figure out what they’re saying/fill in your own words. You never know, maybe you’ll discover you were born to be a screenwriter.
*If you’ve been blessed with long locks, braid your ear buds into your hair and no one will notice. Voila! Sound.
8. Sleep. Take a nap and dream of all the lovely wonderful fun things you could be doing instead of being in class. Try to be discreet to avoid being called out by your professor and forced to wear the invisible “the kid who got caught sleeping” Scarlet Letter for the rest of the semester. Unless you’re cool with that, then by all means go for it. Supplies needed: hat and/or sunglasses. Additional suggested supplies: pillow, blanket, teddy bear, Goodnight Moon.
9. Don’t go. Sure, you may lose a few attendance points and miss out on some notes, but this is your chance to play hooky and your parents will be none the wiser. Because let’s be honest; just about anything else you could be doing will be more fun than this class.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Penn State’s magical 2019 season came to a close in heartbreaking fashion at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.
It’s hard not to draw parallels between this year’s lacrosse team and a couple other Nittany Lion teams that have used the City of Brotherly Love as a launching pad to sustained success.
Send this to a friend