Student Bands Can Now Apply to Compete for a Spot at Movin’ On
Student bands can now enter the Movin’ On Battle of the Bands competition to fight for the opportunity to open for the headliners of Penn State’s spring music festival. Applications are now live and open until Feb. 28. The rules are as follows:
- All bands MUST contain at least one member who is a Penn State University Park student.
- All bands MUST be able to perform a fifteen-minute set containing only original songs.
- All bands MUST submit original music samples with their application.
- No member of the Movin’ On Core or Executive Committee may participate in Battle of the Bands
- Musicians may only participate in ONE band.
- All musical genres are welcome, including but not limited to rock bands, alternative bands, pop acts, acoustic acts, solo acts, DJs, and rappers.
Twelve bands will be chosen from the applications to play in the Battle of the Bands competition on March 22. Last year’s winners opened for MGMT, Big Boi, Brand New, Kids These Days, and Gloriana. Movin’ On will take place on Saturday, April 26 this year, six days earlier than its usual date of the Friday before final exams. More information can be found on the festival’s website.
Here is a performance from last year’s Battle of the Bands winner, Automatic Habit:
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
With no canning weekends held this year and canvassing eventually suspended as well, this year’s total is a testament to how committed THON volunteers truly are.
Totals aside, congratulations to every organization that volunteered with THON throughout this year to raise more than $10 million for the kids.
Send this to a friend