THON Changes Canning, 5k Dates
THON has changed some dates around on its calendar for the upcoming year, after mistakenly scheduling the first canning weekend over Yom Kippur.
With the first canning weekend originally scheduled for Oct. 3-5, dates had to be moved in order to avoid home football weekends and other major events like Parents Weekend. By moving the canning weekend to the weekend of Oct. 17-19, organizers had to move the THON 5k to a later date. Since canning relies on as many volunteers as possible, scheduling is always difficult with the fall being especially jam-packed.
The updated schedule is as followed:
- Canning Weekend #1: October 17-19, 2014
- THON 5k: November 2, 2014
- Canning Weekend #2: November 7-9, 2014
- 100 Days ’til THON Celebration: November 12, 2014
- Family Carnival: November 16, 2014
- Canning Weekend #3: December 5-7, 2014
- THON Weekend: February 20-22, 2015
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
If you want to get spooky with it this Halloween season, you’ll definitely want to check out these nearby attractions.
Halloween fun returns to Penn State with the Arboretum’s annual Pumpkin Festival.
Send this to a friend