Penn State In The NFL Recap: Trio Of Lions Lead Jacksonville To Win
Penn State has a proud tradition of sending quality players to the National Football League. Here’s how the Nittany Lion alumni fared in the NFL’s week two.
Allen Robinson, Paul Posluszny, Jared Odrick — Jacksonville Jaguars
These three Nittany Lions led Jacksonville to a big 23-20 victory over the Miami Dolphins. Paul Posluszny, the long-time defensive captain, was second on the team with seven tackles, and also added a quarterback hit on the Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill. Jared Odrick recorded two tackles, including a sack of Tannehill, and had one pass breakup. But the star of the day was Allen Robinson, the second-year wide receiver. He had arguably his best day as a pro, tallying six catches for 155 yards and two scores. This 52-yard bomb was the highlight of the day. Check out a clip below (via @BigCatCountry):
Sean Lee — Dallas Cowboys
Lee dominated the Philadelphia Eagles’ offense, recording a team-high 14 tackles, two for loss, and an interception. He also had two pass breakups in the 20-10 road win.
Adrian Amos, Robbie Gould — Chicago Bears
Once again, both Penn Staters stood out in a Bears loss. Rookie Adrian Amos recorded five tackles in his second career game, and Robbie Gould remained perfect as usual, going 3-for-3 on field goals with a long of 51 yards, and 2-for-2 on extra points.
- NaVorro Bowman recorded four tackles in his second game back from injury for the San Francisco 49ers in a 43-18 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Jack Crawford had one tackle for Dallas in the team’s win over the Eagles.
- In the Kansas City Chiefs’ loss to the Denver Broncos, Tamba Hali had one solo tackle and two quarterback hits. Jordan Norwood had three catches for 14 yards for the Broncos.
- Jordan Hill had six tackles, one for loss, for the Seattle Seahawks in a 27-17 loss to the Green Bay Packers.
- Gerald Hodges broke up one pass and recorded four tackles for the Minnesota Vikings in the team’s 26-16 victory over the Detroit Lions.
- DaQuan Jones had one tackle for the Tennessee Titans in a 28-14 loss to the Cleveland Browns.
- Despite the New Orleans Saints’ loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Michael Mauti saw the field and recorded a tackle.
- Nate Stupar made a huge impact for the Atlanta Falcons in a 24-20 win over the New York Giants, making seven tackles.
- Chris Hogan made one catch for 11 yards in the Buffalo Bills’ 40-32 home loss to the New England Patriots.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Miles Sanders, Trace McSorley, and Ricky Slade ran wild Friday night against Illinois, leading the Nittany Lions to a lopsided victory.
Sanders’ 6.97 yards per carry as Penn State’s starting running back is actually higher than his 6.7 yards per carry as Saquon Barkley’s backup.
Send this to a friend