Penn State In The NFL Recap: Trio Of Lions Lead Jacksonville To Win
Penn State has a proud tradition of sending quality players to the National Football League. Here’s how the Nittany Lion alumni fared in the NFL’s week two.
Allen Robinson, Paul Posluszny, Jared Odrick — Jacksonville Jaguars
These three Nittany Lions led Jacksonville to a big 23-20 victory over the Miami Dolphins. Paul Posluszny, the long-time defensive captain, was second on the team with seven tackles, and also added a quarterback hit on the Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill. Jared Odrick recorded two tackles, including a sack of Tannehill, and had one pass breakup. But the star of the day was Allen Robinson, the second-year wide receiver. He had arguably his best day as a pro, tallying six catches for 155 yards and two scores. This 52-yard bomb was the highlight of the day. Check out a clip below (via @BigCatCountry):
Sean Lee — Dallas Cowboys
Lee dominated the Philadelphia Eagles’ offense, recording a team-high 14 tackles, two for loss, and an interception. He also had two pass breakups in the 20-10 road win.
Adrian Amos, Robbie Gould — Chicago Bears
Once again, both Penn Staters stood out in a Bears loss. Rookie Adrian Amos recorded five tackles in his second career game, and Robbie Gould remained perfect as usual, going 3-for-3 on field goals with a long of 51 yards, and 2-for-2 on extra points.
- NaVorro Bowman recorded four tackles in his second game back from injury for the San Francisco 49ers in a 43-18 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Jack Crawford had one tackle for Dallas in the team’s win over the Eagles.
- In the Kansas City Chiefs’ loss to the Denver Broncos, Tamba Hali had one solo tackle and two quarterback hits. Jordan Norwood had three catches for 14 yards for the Broncos.
- Jordan Hill had six tackles, one for loss, for the Seattle Seahawks in a 27-17 loss to the Green Bay Packers.
- Gerald Hodges broke up one pass and recorded four tackles for the Minnesota Vikings in the team’s 26-16 victory over the Detroit Lions.
- DaQuan Jones had one tackle for the Tennessee Titans in a 28-14 loss to the Cleveland Browns.
- Despite the New Orleans Saints’ loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Michael Mauti saw the field and recorded a tackle.
- Nate Stupar made a huge impact for the Atlanta Falcons in a 24-20 win over the New York Giants, making seven tackles.
- Chris Hogan made one catch for 11 yards in the Buffalo Bills’ 40-32 home loss to the New England Patriots.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Who needs the Orange Bowl when you can go to the Citrus Bowl and have oranges AND all their citrus brethren in one game of crossover SEC-Big Ten smashmouth football?
Penn State will play its second Friday night game ever next season at Maryland in what the Terps are calling the “B1G Friday Night Lights” game.
Send this to a friend