Your Guide To Homecoming Week 2015
Ah, Homecoming. It’s back, bringing endless Penn State pride-filled events and a little bit of fall weather with it. Homecoming has found its way back to October once again, beginning October 4 and running through October 10. After 95 years, tons of blue and white tradition, and some of the most jaw-dropping floats you’ve ever seen, Homecoming will be celebrated again this year with the theme “A Legacy To Shape The Future.”
But when and where are these events, you ask? Say no more, here’s a highlight of the many Homecoming events to take place this week:
Monday October, 5
- Pollock Party: The Pollock Party will kick off homecoming in the Pollock Courtyard from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. This carnival-themed celebration introduces freshmen to the Penn State family and celebrates 95 years of Homecoming tradition.
Tuesday, October 6
- Past to Present: This event will take place from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. in the HUB-Robeson Center. Past to Present consists of performances and activities celebrating Penn State history, and a whole lotta food. If that’s not an incentive to stop by, I don’t know what is.
- For the Glory Talent Show: Penn State competitors far and wide will bring it all to the Eisenhower Auditorium at 7 p.m. this Tuesday night. Go watch competitors attempt to bring their own style to the 2015 Homecoming Theme!
Wednesday, October 7
- BOPS Carnival and Field Day: From 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Old Main Lawn will be filled with carnival games, performers, and (once again) a lot of food. Stop by for a Bell Tower tour, or to just a quick hello to the Nittany Lion.
Thursday, October 8
- Court Reception: The Homecoming Executive Committee and Royalty Committee will host the Student and University Courts, faculty, and guests at the Hintz Alumni Center.
Friday, October 9
- Alumni Ice Cream Social and Parade: The annual parade will kick off at 6 p.m., but make sure to stop by beforehand for some Creamery ice cream. After your taste buds are once again blown away by the dairy product of the gods, stay and watch endless floats and avid Penn Staters travel around campus and downtown.
Saturday, October 10
- Homecoming Game Against Indiana: This year’s Homecoming Game will begin at 12 p.m. against the Indiana Hoosiers. Homecoming King and Queen will be announced at the game as well. Cross your fingers, friends. The weather forecast does not appear to hold any rain…as of now.
There you have it! Make the most of Homecoming 2015, Penn State!
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Want to be a part of the nation’s premier student-run media outlet? Want to have your words read or your pictures seen by hundreds of thousands of readers and social media followers?
“As we work together to make the impact as least disruptive as possible to our students and employees, we strongly urge Congress and the president to end this impasse.”
Send this to a friend