The Official Penn State vs. Northwestern Drinking Game
Alcohol and cold-weather football go together like peanut butter and jelly, making this week’s drinking game particularly special. While the weather in State College won’t be nearly as frigid as the arid, midwestern Evanston air where the Nittany Lions face the Northwestern Wildcats, it’ll be cold enough warrant a beer or 12 as you gather with friends to watch some Big Ten football.
If you’re among the devoted fans that made the pilgrimage to Chicago, we at Onward State commend you. If you stayed home in Happy Valley, we’ve got you covered with our Northwestern-themed drinking game to help you make the most of Penn State’s second to last road trip of the year.
*Editor’s note: While we encourage fun made possible by excessive drinking, we also encourage you to drink within your boundaries. So as you watch the game, have fun, but be safe.
- For each degree of Fahrenheit present at kickoff, sip your drink for a second. Checking the forecast prior to kickoff is highly recommended.
- For every thousand fans in attendance, either take a drink or down a shot. Either way, you won’t get too drunk.
- Every time the ESPN camera crew pans to the beautiful Chicago skyline, toast to Coach Ditka and Polish sausage and have yourself a drink.
- Drink for each second Saquon Barkley takes flight, and smile as you realize that he could very well become the next Gale Sayers.
- Take a shot for each Carl Nassib sack.
- For each second Christian Hackenberg scrambles while inevitably evading pressure, take a sip.
- Tyler Davis – Joey Julius: Pick one player at the beginning of the game. Every time the other player scores, drink.
- e.g. If one were to pick Julius, and Davis scores, drinking would follow
- If last year’s demoralizing 29-6 homecoming loss is mentioned by the announcing crew, drink for as long as you’d like.
- If Christian Hackenberg breaks Matt McGloin’s touchdown record — he only needs two more to do so — drink an entire case of Joe Paterno legacy beer with your pals in celebration.
- For every pass Mike Gesicki drops, take shot. For every pass he hauls in, take a celebratory sip of beer.
- If Christian Hackenberg catches another touchdown, break out the top-shelf liquor and go to town.
- If Penn State leaves Evanston victorious and becomes ranked, call all your friends and drink the night away.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Students once approved a Wally Triplett statue that Penn State’s bureaucracy prevented from ever coming to fruition.
Rednor is current a junior and the president of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority.
Send this to a friend