Penn State To Offer Extended Parking Hours During Finals Week
Students doing some late-night studying on campus will have one less thing to worry about this finals week — namely, getting a parking ticket. Penn State Transportation Services is partnering with UPUA once again to offer extended student parking hours during the final week of the fall semester and finals week.
Overnight parking restrictions for student parking permits will be waived from Friday, December 2 to Friday, December 16. Here are the changes during these two weeks:
- Resident student permit holders now have access to overnight parking in the East, Eisenhower, and Nittany parking decks. Likewise, they may also park overnight in the lots already on their respective permits.
- Off-campus student permit holders (i.e., students with permits for the Commuter Lots, Lot 43, and Lot 83 East) can park overnight in the yellow-shaded lots on the Student Parking Map, including the HUB Parking Deck.
- Student Commuter permit holders can park in the Commuter Lots (lot 44, Stadium West, Porter North) overnight.
Unfortunately, there are still some parking restrictions to remember. To avoid getting a ticket and adding more stress to your life, take note:
- No overnight parking is allowed in Lot Green H or the HUB Parking Deck between 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. each day.
- Student vehicles must return to their assigned lots by 7:30 a.m. on Monday through Friday.
- Resident student parking lots are still reserved for cars displaying permits specific to that lot.
- Parking spots displaying “reserved” signs, such as ADA spaces and service/delivery spaces will remain reserved 24/7.
- Pay station spaces/metered spaces must still be paid for if a car is parked there.
Additionally, students who do not have a permit but wish to park on-campus during these last few weeks can buy a temporary student permit at the Parking Office from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. A weekly pass costs $25 a week for Lot 82, $15 a week for Lot 83, $20 a week for Lot 83 East, and $5 a week for a commuter lot.
Now that you know your car (and bank account) are safe, feel free to study into the wee hours of the night, Penn State.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Send this to a friend