Penn State & Michigan State Team Up For 24th Annual Blood Donor Challenge
Penn State and Michigan State are once again teaming up for the 24th Annual Blood Donor Challenge. This year, the challenge began October 30 and will run through November 17 on both campuses. However, the last day to actually give blood here at Penn State is November 16.
Each year, the American Red Cross sponsors and runs the Blood Donor Challenge. Each university has a set goal of 1,100 units of blood. At the end of the challenge, the university that collects the most blood wins. Every donor will receive an official 2017 Challenge t-shirt designed by a Penn State student.
If you’re interested in participating, here are Penn State’s future locations and times for the challenge:
- November 1 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — HUB
- November 2 from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. — Pollock Commons
- November 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Hammond Building
- November 6 from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Pasquerilla Spiritual Center
- November 7 from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Hintz Family Alumni Center
- November 8 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. — Millenium Science Complex
- November 9 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. — Waring Commons
- November 13 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — HUB
- November 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — HUB
- November 15 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. — HUB
- November 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — HUB (Flex Theater)
If you plan to donate, you should make an appointment at the Red Cross website; however, walk-ins are also welcome.