Ten Penn State Graduates Appointed To Alumni Council
The newest members of Penn State’s Alumni Council began serving their terms on July 1, including those elected this year and 10 new appointees selected in accordance with the Alumni Association’s bylaws.
Each newly appointed member will serve a three-year term on the council, which advises Penn State’s Alumni Association on programs and initiatives to fulfill its mission of providing service and support to the university.
Those joining the council are:
- Francis Alvare, 2017, College of Agricultural Sciences
- Michelle Buzzelli, 2019, intercollegiate graduate degree program
- Robert Nagy, 1983, College of Engineering
- Ninon Nelson, 2020, College of the Liberal Arts
- Fatima Odebisi, 2020, Bellisario College of Communications
- KerriLaine Prunella, 2001, College of the Liberal Arts
- Guillermo J. Silva, 1990, Eberly College of Science
- Asia D. Smith, 2004, Bellisario College of Communications
- John C. Urschel, 2012 and 2013, Eberly College of Science
- Lori Uhazie, 1982, Bellisario College of Communications
“All members of Alumni Council represent ‘The symbol of our best,’” Alumni Association President Randy Houston said. “Though 10 new members are elected each year by our membership, our bylaws provide for the appointment of an additional 10 alumni members, enabling us to further our commitment to broaden the spectrum of alumni represented on Alumni Council, especially in terms of age, gender, geography, academic college affiliation, and racial and ethnic background. We are proud to welcome these appointed members to Alumni Council, this and every year.”
With five members who graduated after 2010, this year’s appointees are considerably younger than in previous years. In 2019, just two had graduated after 2011 — a steep drop-off from the five recent alumni appointed in 2018.
These 10 alumni will join the council alongside new members who were elected to the organization by nearly 11,000 alumni. They’ll also serve three-year terms, which began on July 1.
More information about the Alumni Council, its governing board, and its recent appointees can be found on the council’s website.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Onward State is hiring for the upcoming semester and looking for new folks to join our team and help tell the Penn State story.
The agreement asks students to ultimately accept liability of potentially contracting the coronavirus on campus.
Send this to a friend