THON Sets $850K Goal For Annual Dream Forward Campaign
THON kicked off its fifth annual Dream Forward campaign on October 23 with high hopes for its two-and-a-half-week fundraising target.
Last year, the Dream Forward fundraising goal was $700,000 and THON raised $1,266,034.16 as part of the fourth annual two-week effort. This year, THON set a new goal of $850,000. The two-and-a-half-week span is filled with activities and challenges to support THON nearly every day.
The campaign began with a brunch and “Phone-A-THON” event, where volunteers had the opportunity to share the Dream Forward campaign’s goals with friends and families via phone, email, via text in order to raise funds for their accredited organizations.
Check out the upcoming events and see how you can support THON in the coming weeks.
Wednesday, October 25 — 6:30 p.m. — Dream Forward Trivia Night
- In rooms 100, 101, and 102 of the Thomas Building, there will be $7,500 in crediting funds available along with other prizes for the clever trivia-knowing organizations and IDC pairs who participate.
Thursday, October 26 — 10 a.m. — Social Media Storm (Part One)
- Starting at 10 a.m. on Thursday, October 26, you can post THON’s graphic on your Instagram and Facebook stories to help flood social media. This will help spread THON’s campaign throughout the web.
Thursday, October 26 — 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. — THON Pickleball Tournament
- This year, THON is introducing an exciting new event: a night of pickleball at the Penn State Tennis Center. Anyone can engage in a night of fun and fitness as teams of two can compete for a chance to be one of the top three teams to earn credit toward their Dream Forward fundraising goals.
Monday, October 30 to Thursday, November 2 — 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. — 2000 Degrees FTK
- Head over to 2000 Degrees between October 30 and November 2 for pottery and painting activities. A percentage of your purchase can be channeled directly to your organization.
Tuesday, October 31 — 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Vintage Merch Grab Bag Sale
- For just $20, you can fill a small bag with four t-shirts or equivalent items or a $30 large bag that can hold six t-shirts or equivalent items at the THON Store. The entire amount will go directly toward benefiting your organization or IDC.
Friday, November 3 — 8:30 p.m. — Women’s Volleyball THON Match
- Show your support for the Penn State women’s volleyball team as it takes on Nebraska in the annual THON match. This game will be a celebration of THON and a recognition of THON families. Don’t forget to dress for the White Out theme!
Tuesday, November 7 — 10 a.m. — Social Media Storm (Part Two)
- With less than a day remaining in the Dream Forward Campaign, students can flood social media once more. For the final push of the Dream Forward campaign, you can post THON’s graphic on your Instagram or Facebook story to help to achieve the goal of raising $850,000 during Dream Forward.
Tuesday, November 7 — 6:30 p.m. — F45 Class Benefiting THON
- Students can attend an F45 workout class in downtown State College and benefit THON all at once. Not only will you get a fantastic workout, but also a portion of the class fee will be donated to THON, credited to your chosen organization, committee, or IDC.
Wednesday, November 8 — 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. — 100 Days ‘Til THON & Dream Forward Total Reveal
- Students can join in on the festivities and celebrate the conclusion of the Dream Forward Campaign, along with the 100 Days ‘Til THON Celebration, in the HUB. At the end of the event, the Dream Forward fundraising total will be revealed.
Additionally, there will be a number of FTK events at nearby businesses. These locations include: Vibe Coffee, Raising Cane’s, Roots, and Playa Bowls.
The THON promotional event dates are as follows:
- Vibe Coffee FTK: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, October 26
- Raising Cane’s FTK: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1
- Roots FTK: 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Friday, November 3
- Playa Bowls FTK: 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday, November 6
To learn more about Dream Forward and THON fundraises, visit THON’s website.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Fifteen years ago, three freshmen in 43 Simmons Hall published “Rumor Mill,” a 29-word post, marking the start of Onward State on November 17, 2008.
Our staffers are unanimously predicting Penn State to win on Saturday.
Morett-Curtiss chatted about her experience as a two-sport student-athlete at Penn State, what it was like to play in the Olympics, and how she made Happy Valley her home.