University Park By The Numbers
As a connoisseur of useless facts and information, I was pleased to find an OPP website entirely devoted to stats about the University Park campus. I thought I might pass on some of the more interesting statistics for those of you that enjoy extraneous information. You can find the original page here and I credit the OPP for all of this information.
• Penn State UP resides on 15,984 acres of beautiful Pennsylvania land.
• 758 buildings
• 49 rental buildings
• 15.5 million square feet total
• Worth about 1.921 billion dollars
• 79 acres of roof
• 10,010 exterior doors
• 2,262 classrooms and laboratories
• 7,123 offices
• 300 elevators
• 14,000 parking spaces
• 31 miles of paved roads and streets
• 23 miles of paved walkways
• 1,810 streetlights
• 11,000 trees
• 25,000 flowers planted annually
• 50 miles of water pipes
• 2.7 million gallons of water are produced/consumed daily
• 17 miles of steam pipes
• 218 fire hydrants
• 2,091 fire extinguishers
You want one more interesting fact? Here it is (with proof):
The Sergeant-At-Arms of the U.S. Senate has the power to arrest the President if he violates the rules of the Senate.
Your ad blocker is on.
Please choose an option below.
Purchase a Subscription!
About the Author
Drew Allar had four touchdown passes, two of which were caught by Tyler Warren.
“It was raining and it was still filling up to the brim in the stadium. Their energy is infectious. And I love them and I appreciate all they do for us.”
Penn State’s defense had another near-perfect outing against Iowa on Saturday.